Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simmonstwin

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2004
South
janey said:
two months != 90 days.

and if you worked at an apple store i would imagine you knew the specifics of applecare.
i'm not a big fan of applecare and rarely purchase it for my macs, but Apple only charges for phone support and not for ship-your-Mac-out-for-repairs calls...

That was an typing error, when the problems started i had had the mini for 3 months an a week.

I worked at CompUSA in the apple dept. and I rarely delt with Applecare (the techs did this). I did have an iMac G5 with applecare and they were great when I had to get the Logic Board replaced TWICE.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
simmonstwin said:
I try my best to be nice but assertive, this doesnt seem to help. I've even typed emails to a number of upper level management. They have respond to one of the emails , but in the end they just send me to the same tech service people that you get when you call the 1-800 number.
There is a real disconnect here. Upper management emails are not the way to get a power supply replaced (or whatever the hardware problem is). I don't understand why you are in an adversarial relationship with Applecare. Unless your real motivation here is to sustain a rant against Apple. In which case, there is nothing we can do to help that.

Givens:
1) You will have to send the machine in - apple is not going to send a technician to you nor are they going to replace your machine sight unseen.

2) Apple will probably not pay for shipping because you have a depot warranty, not an on-site warranty, and this is a desktop machine. However they may surprise you

Option 1
"Hi, my name is X and I have a Mac Mini that needs a hardware repair. I don't have an Apple Store or an authorized dealer within X miles. Can you please tell me the procedure to send the machine in for warranty service?"

Option 2:

Go to Apple.com
http://www.apple.com/support/diy/orderonline/
and enter a service request online

Option 3:
http://www.apple.com/buy/locator/service.html

Locate your nearest independent authorized service provider. Call them and ask what their procedure is for warranty service, then do that.
(which is IIRC what I suggested about 20 posts ago)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.