Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oriol

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2005
right behind ya!
:mad:
I called saturday to buy the "old" 12" powerbooks, so i talked to one of the associates and he gave me this specs for the last powerbook he had.

12" 1.33 G4
256 Ram
60 Hd
Superdrive
all this for 1,376 with taxes.

So i thought that was a good deal so i just ordered. (even when the sales guy told me that he couldn't give me the EDU discount {i don't know why??? :confused: } I go to college :p ) when i cheked my email the next day i didn't have the confirmation email of the order, so called apple and they gave me the order number. 2 hours later i cheked in apple.com my order status and guess what?? :confused: they took the superdrive from my order :eek: . So i called apple again and i fought with 10 people there and all they could say was "I can't help you let me call some else for you" i talked to 2 managers and they told me "sorry it was and error the computer you ordered doesn't come with superdrive and it's nothing that we can do for you if u want the computer u have to pay $200 more" knowing that the sales person made the erro they didn't do anything for me so after 3 hours of fights i just cancelled the order :mad:

i thought they have the best custumer service but..... :mad:

Aurora

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2003
USA
oriol said:
:mad:
I called saturday to buy the "old" 12" powerbooks, so i talked to one of the associates and he gave me this specs for the last powerbook he had.

12" 1.33 G4
256 Ram
60 Hd
Superdrive
all this for 1,376 with taxes.

So i thought that was a good deal so i just ordered. (even when the sales guy told me that he couldn't give me the EDU discount {i don't know why??? :confused: } I go to college :p ) when i cheked my email the next day i didn't have the confirmation email of the order, so called apple and they gave me the order number. 2 hours later i cheked in apple.com my order status and guess what?? :confused: they took the superdrive from my order :eek: . So i called apple again and i fought with 10 people there and all they could say was "I can't help you let me call some else for you" i talked to 2 managers and they told me "sorry it was and error the computer you ordered doesn't come with superdrive and it's nothing that we can do for you if u want the computer u have to pay $200 more" knowing that the sales person made the erro they didn't do anything for me so after 3 hours of fights i just cancelled the order :mad:

i thought they have the best custumer service but..... :mad:

If you talk anything like you type, maybe they weren't actually the ones in the wrong. Something to think about? haha.

oriol

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2005
right behind ya!
Aurora said:
If you talk anything like you type, maybe they weren't actually the ones in the wrong. Something to think about? haha.

jeje sorry i typed this really fast, i didn't pay attention but yeah they made an error and didn't solve it. :mad:

chief_wiggum_PI

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2005
I think you have the right to be annoyed, but there is likely nothing you can do about it except complain routinely.

Tough luck, man. Hope it works out for you

Phatpat

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2003
Cambridge, MA
Don't let that situation give you an impression of Apple Customer Service as a whole. I've had great experiences going to Apple Retail Stores and getting helped.

I DO think ITMS support does....suck. There's nobody you can speak to that actually knows what they are talking about...if you're question isn't on their little sheet of responses you're out of luck.

chameeeleon

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2004
I had a very positive encounter with Apple recently actually.
I ordered iWork '05 under an educational discount, where it was listed as $49, even though the French version was $65 (CDN, btw). I hadn't been planning to get it, but for 1/2 price, I figured why not, so I ordered it. The price was listed as $49 all along, including on my confirmation e-mail. Then, when I went to check the order status, it had jumped back up the $16, as had my total and the tax.
I spun off an e-mail to Apple's customer service saying I'd been tricked into paying more than I thought I was going to be, and they quickly e-mailed me back with a revised price (although they did not acknowledge the mistake at all).
My iPod shuffle, however, has been testing my patience with Apple's shippers. It was shipped on the 22nd, and is still not here yet after the 12 Business day shipping limit. The carrier (Same Day Right Away, never heard of them) has no knowledge of the order on their website. I've just e-mailed Apple to express my dissatisfaction, so I'll see how the customer service holds up this time.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
there is no edu discount on refurb machines and the past machines are generally considered refurb as soon as new models come out regardless of whether or not they were ever opened so that explains your first mystery.

shane-o-mac

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2005
That is a tuff situation, nothing sucks more then having a great deal slip from your fingers. Take refuge in the fact that it was a mistake on the part of Apple, and granted not your fault but we all mess up. Guess from here on out you got to decide what to do.

You can try checking around your city to find some of the older model powerbooks still in stock at computer stores. I have a microcenter here in Columbus, Oh that has some great deals on the g4 1.33.

Or shell out three hundred bucks more and go for the SD 12" powerbook with all the extra specs. With you edu it still comes in at a good price of 1499..ofcourse don't forget the tax... :D

Goodluck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.