Apple's Drivers and ATI Drivers clashing?

Discussion in 'Games' started by neoelectronaut, Nov 11, 2004.

1. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

Dec 3, 2003
    Southeastern Louisiana
    Okay, quick question. I'm not having any problems, but I can't help but wonder if installing the ATi Displays Preference panel (From ATi themselves) a few weeks back (along with the drivers that installed along side it) would affect the drivers that Apple sent along with the 10.3.6 update. Think there'd be any issues with this? Would the ATi drivers somehow affect the Apple drivers, and not let them install over the old ATi drivers or something?

...just being paranoid again, as usual. I just want to squeeze out the best performance I can out of my machine.

Oh, also, anyone have a link that that overclocking software for ATi cards? I uninstalled it a while back and I'd like to give it another go.
  2. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

Sep 8, 2002
    The Netherlands
    Here's a link to the ATiccelerator.

I have just reinstalled my Dual 1.25 GHz G4 with Radeon 9800 Pro, by erasing the disk, then installing 10.3.6 and after that the ATi 4.4.1 Control Panel (and drivers). Had no issues.
    The following day the 4.4.2 came out, and I installed that too.

It seems to me that there is no problem in installing the ATi Control Panel and Drivers after doing the Mac OS X update. Seems safest way to me.
    Don't really know what happens the other way around.... First the Ati Control Panel and then the Mac OS X 10.3.6 update.

It seems logical to me that only newer files will be installed. So, IMHO it shouldn't make any difference.