Apple's Flagship store on Boylston St, Boston, MA

Discussion in 'iPhone Purchaser Meetups' started by Nykwil, Jun 14, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502a

Nykwil

What? No thread yet?

Could have sworn there would be more Boston members.

Well I'll be there.

Anyone wanna nominate themselves to make badges? :cool:;):p

2. macrumors 68000

I'll be there.

Last year, I waited at the ATT store further down Boylston by the Library.

I got there around 12ish and was number 4 in Line.

Do you think 12 will be too late this time around?

Regardless, I'll be in that line at some point. Looking forward to it.

3. macrumors newbie

SJobsismyhero

I will be there! What time is every one getting there?:confused:

4. macrumors newbie

I registered just to say this:

I will be on vacation in boston and shall buy my new iPhone while I am in boston. I am so excited to see this store.

5. macrumors 68000

Perry: you'll love it!

As for time, I'm planning on arriving around noon.

Although I was in line for the store opening and arrived around 2pm and was about number 40 in line.

It's still a month away so I got plenty of time to plan.

It's going to be interesting to see how crowded the Cambridgeside and Chestnut Hill stores are this year, seeing that Boston has a store now.

Maybe, those will be good alternatives for people as well.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nykwil

ill probably take the day of and get their around 9, ASSUMING there's no line. I really hope there wont be a line. It's going to be a pain to keep buying apple products if each one is hyped up to the point where ever release is followed by a massive line.

7. macrumors 6502a

Steve1496

I'm debating on going to this store or a less popular store like Derby St. I haven't even seen the Boylston St store yet--mainly because I like to avoid going into Boston's traffic. But this store looks so cool, I might have to drive down for the iPhone 3G. Last time I got to the Derby St Apple store around 11AM and was #10-15 or so...hoping the lines won't be as bad for this launch.

Steve

8. macrumors newbie

SJobsismyhero

Are the new iPhones going to be available at the regular opening time of the store or they going to make us wait until later on that night? Because if they are going to be on sale at the opening I am going to get there early seeing how this might take some time now with in store activation and all.

9. macrumors regular

Hopstretch

Reckon I might trek in the from the 'burbs to see the new store, get lunch at La Voile and pick up a 3Jesus Phone. Oh la la!

10. macrumors member

For anyone who hasn't seen the store before, it's worth the trip into the city!

I'm hoping to take the day off from work and be there around lunch time. I'm pretty sure there's also an AT&T store right down the street (it's on Boylston), so I'm sure there will be a line there. If I can't get the day off, think getting there at 6 is even worth it?

11. macrumors newbie

Cambridgeside might be a better idea

Think about it - Cambridgeside would at least have waiting indoors available because it is in a mall and from my previous iphone experience there, all the employees were awesome!

I'll start a cambridgeside post!

12. macrumors regular

Hopstretch

Think it'll be more fun at the mothership. And they'll probably be able to move people through more efficiently with all that space. Hopefully the activation process will be a doddle for 1st-gen owners who just need to swap SIMs over.

13. macrumors 68000

From the looks of this thread being about 3 pages back. Maybe our chances will be good on 7.11 :D:D

14. macrumors 6502a

tkidBOSTON

I'm going to head down there after work.

No waiting in lines for me this time around.

15. macrumors 68000

Well I've been asked to cover the store for Leo Laporte's coverage of the Launch. so I'll be in line.

Hopefully it's going to be an 8am Launch.

16. macrumors 6502a

bobbleheadbob

I work nearby and am planning to be there to get one on the 11th. I guess when I get there will depend on what time they go on sale. If it's not until 6pm, then I probably won't go over until the end of the day.....well, maybe I'll leave work a little early! :D

17. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nykwil

I'm thinking about swinging by after work on thursday to see if there is a line at all.

If not I'll probably come by later in the morning around 5 or 6 and hang out by the doors.

18. macrumors newbie

19. macrumors 6502a

tkidBOSTON

I was just going to reply with a "yes" but since I don't actually know for sure, I'm going to adjust my reply to a "probably".

As for me, with the phones going on sale at 8am, I will not be at the Boylston Store. I'll probably just snag one in the morning before work at a local AT&T store (in Woburn or Wilmington) or, if I'm feeling ambitious, head to the apple store in Burlington.

20. macrumors newbie

anyone's plans change now that the 8am time for sale is confirmed? Would love to pick it up at the Boylston store before heading into work on Friday...

21. macrumors newbie

SJobsismyhero

My plans were totally messed up not to mention that I am doing some live streaming while in line for the iPhone so, I am hoping that every thing can get worked out so I can still get the phone at launch.

22. macrumors regular

I'll be purchasing my iPhone during a trip to Boston later this week. Would you all suggest I visit the Boston Apple Store or the Cambridge Apple Store? From what I've read (in this thread), the Boylston store is pretty impressive...But, in the name of shorter lines and reduced sellout potential, should I head out to Cambridge instead?

Thoughts?

Thanks! Have a great day...

Nathan

23. macrumors 6502a

tkidBOSTON

Being a "flagship" store, I'd be surprised if they sell out if you get there in a timely manner. Remember, on the initial launch, many stores did not sell out the first day.

That being said, if they do sell out, you do have an AT&T store right up the street.

You may also want to take into consideration that Cambridgeside is indoors while you'll have to wait on the street at the Boylston store.

24. macrumors 68000

Right now, the forecast for friday is Sunny and 79 degrees. so it should be nice around 8am for the launch.

I'm planning on getting in line around 5:30am.

I need to call in via Skype to Leo Laporte's coverage on twitlive.tv

25. macrumors regular

My red-eye lands around 7:00am, so I'll likely get to the store around 8:30am. I imagine I'll end up at the end of a long line...But that's fine with me so long as I walk out with a beautiful new iPhone! :D

I embark on a cross-country (9-Day) roadtrip the following morning and hope to book hotels along the way via mobile internet...And find our way with GPS...

What perfect timing on Apple's part...Just the gadget I need!