Apple's Flagship Store?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by JOD8FY, Jun 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

Hi Everyone,

I'm taking a trip out to California this summer and I would like to visit Apple's flagship store (my local Apple Store is in a mall :rolleyes: ). On Apple's retail site, it lists several stores in California (none particularly in Cupertino), but I was wondering which one of them was Apple's flagship store. Is there more than one? Which one do you guys like the best? Which one is the biggest?

Thanks,
    JOD8FY

2. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Apple's current flagship stores:

North Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL
    Stockton Street ,San Francisco, CA
    SoHo, New York, NY

Regent Street, London, U.K
    Shinsaibashi, Japan

These stores are noticeably bigger and are stand-alone. The majority of the other stores are in up-scale indoor and outdoor malls in suburban areas.

http://www.apple.com/retail/

3. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

At one point, Apple had an official Company Store at their headquarters. Not sure if they still exists if you plan on visiting infinite loop.

I think you could purchase T-shirts and gift items.

4. James L macrumors 6502a

I have been to the San Francisco and the Soho stores... they are basically the same and both really rock.

Plus, I just love SF!

There IS a store at the Apple Campus, and is actually the only place that you can get Apple logo clothing that I know of.

I especially love the black t-shirt that says "I visited the mothership" on it!

:D

5. iGary Guest

iGary

The Apple Campus Store is still open - just there 6 or so weeks ago.

Neat place.

6. JOD8FY thread starter macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

Thanks for the replies.

Has anyone been to the San Francisco store? What were your impressions? Is it one of those "mulitple level" (as in more than one story) stores? I'm really excited to see it.

Thanks again,
    JOD8FY

7. neildmitchell macrumors 6502a

neildmitchell

The SF Store is very nice, right on Market street.

8. Mr LuLu macrumors member

We've got two stores over here now and two more coming later in the year but I still haven't been to either of them! :eek:

I'm such a geek but I'm really looking forward to getting to London to see our flagship store!

9. James L macrumors 6502a

10. el greenerino macrumors regular

I've been to the SoHo, NY and SF flagships and prefer the SF one because it matches the powermacs and powerbooks :)

11. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

SoHo Store was really cool and so is the store in SF all silver outside is very cool . but i think that the London Store is the best yet THAT is the Flagship store for Europe well until Paris get's there's

:)

12. szark macrumors 68030

szark

Here's the somewhat hidden information page on The Company Store.

13. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Thank you! I live here (essentially Cupertino) and I could not for th life of me, find that darn store! Now I have an address to go by. :p

14. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Freg3000

Both the NY and London stores are cool in that the exteriors are not Apple desgined, but rather old buildings that have been restored. Apple has just "invdaded" in the inside of the building, making it really nice.

15. iAlan macrumors 65816

iAlan

Gotta luv Apple Stores

I have been to 2 of the 3 stores in Japan (Ginza and Shinsaibashi), several in the USA (sorry if I get the names wrong I don't know US geograph so well..New York SoHo, LA Farmers Market, Miami The Grove, New Jersey Bridgewater Mall) have yet to visit any stores in London (will be ther in July on Business so will try to stop by).

But I must say GINZA is by far teh best. Bigger than Shinsaibashi so it should be the flagship store for Japan, 4 floors and an amazing glass elevator. Plus the huge rotating logo on the top of the building

16. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

In about a month im going to NYC and visting the SOHO store then in the fall im going to Chicago so I will get to go to the NMA store that ive seen before ands very nice. And a apple store is opening 15 mins from my house Saterday.

17. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Guys, say the SoHo store - New york has a ton of Apple stores, one which is expanding - the westchester mall - which is under 1 hour away!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.