Apples Free delivery SUCKS!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by MacTruck, Jul 8, 2005.

1. MacTruck macrumors 65816

MacTruck

Ordered a powermac from apple. It was supposed to arrive on the 7th. It sat on the dock for 3 days. Finally shipped. Arrival date changed to the 8th. I waited all day no package. Fedex can't locate it. They keep saying I'll get it on the 9th after saying all day it will be here. Losers. This is why I usually pay more to go to compusa.

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

What do expect from free... but some low priority on service.

Of course the overnight companies have shifted some of their low cost services to cross country rail, which can take a bit longer than the airplane or trucks.

Like getting stuck in the rail yards at both ends.

3. MacTruck thread starter macrumors 65816

MacTruck

Kind of expect it to at least get here.

4. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

So you have to wait a few days. What do you expect? You are not paying for it, so naturally, it is not going to be given the highest priority. Just be patient, and it will get there soon enough...

5. sjjordan macrumors 6502

Sounds like a Fedex problem to me. And hey, you got your money's worth :D

6. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

it's only free for the customer apple still has to pay fedex to deliver the package. it's not apple's fault. fedex can not get there stuff together that's all. how can they loose a package? that is there job to track packages!!! ..and make sure the customer gets them. ups is the only way to go when it comes to shipping.

7. MacTruck thread starter macrumors 65816

MacTruck

Well the problem is having to take time off from work to SIGN for this computer and it never gets here. Now my weekend is ruined waiting by the door AGAIN in the hopes it will arrive. Who cares if its free, its not really seeing as how I have lost work time waiting. Now my weekend is scrapped waiting as well. Arrggh.

8. MacTruck thread starter macrumors 65816

MacTruck

I know. The fedex rep told me that fedex home deliveries are not fedex employees just delivery contractors. I am worried that this guy is trying out my G5 tonight to see how he likes it then repackaging it to deliver tomorrow. Or he has one and its broke and needs some new parts. Some guy in a truck, not a fedex employee? Not trusting this.

9. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

Next time just click on the VIP checkbox and pay a little bit more and have Steve Jobs deliver it, set it up, and give you a demo. :p

10. arm macrumors newbie

That is strange. The last time I ordered from Apple, I got my stuff the next day, with free shipping.

Are you sure it is Apple, or is it FedEx? I've had problems with FedEx adjusting and changing delivery dates several times before.

11. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Feddex doesn't deliver on weekends...:confused:

12. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....why do people always seem to blame Apple for problems out of there control? Apple does not deliver it to your door, FedEx does. Try reading the fine print and you'll see that the "free" shipping Apple gives is not the high-priority next day deal....if you want that pay for it. The "sitting on dock" thing can be for a number of reasons that are sometimes even beyond fedex's control. I know it is tough to wait for something after you've ordered it...the excitement gets to you...but don't rant at Apple for this issue....oh yeah!

13. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Sort of like blaming Lexus for horrible/insulting service on your car when you take it in for a free oil change at Jiffy Lube.

14. MacTruck thread starter macrumors 65816

MacTruck

15. MacTruck thread starter macrumors 65816

MacTruck

PS: Never said apple was to blame. Said apples free shipping sucks. Obviously apple is not delivering the computer so that would mean FEDEX SUCKS. Maybe I should have chosen a better title. Tough to figure out? DOH!

16. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...hey, like I said - I know it is hard to wait for the new computer after you've ordered it but really, like we've said - it isn't Apple delivering it so don't blame them. It'll get there (probably...heheheh) and all will be well....anticipation...enjoy it....oh yeah!

17. MacTruck thread starter macrumors 65816

MacTruck

BUT... maybe it is apples fault since they choose to ship via the lowest possible cost shipping method known to man. Should read "Free Shipping, if it gets there". :p

18. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

You have a new PowerMac. I'll try to hold back my tears. But yeah, FedEx sux sometimes. As does UPS. And DHL. And often the regular old Post Office. But hey, you get what you pay for. And sometimes free shipping is worth every penny.

To be fair, I am sorry you are having an issue. Were I in your shoes, I would be itching for my shiny new Mac too. That's why I buy from the Apple Retail Store. ;)

19. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

From what I understand FedEx acquired RPS (whose service was not that great) and made that FedEx Home or Ground (forgot which).

20. jofallon macrumors newbie

FedEx home delivery

Even the paid two-day delivery is bad enough. I bought a G5 and the iLife suite; they shipped separately. I had to be there in person to sign for the iLife; even though I had a signature waiver on file with FedEx. Wouldn't even let me pick it up at the FedEx warehouse with photo ID.

I took the day off when the G5 was scheduled to arrive. They left it on my front doorstep, without ringing the bell, and without a signature. Dropping a 50-60 pound box on a porch does make some noise. They did leave a really nice-sized dent in the box. I was expecting it, and got to the door, just in time to see the truck drive off.

I called Apple first, to complain, then opened the box. What all the foam packaging, it was fine inside. UPS isn't very good, and I guess FedEx figured they didn't have to be any better. Lately they may be a little worse.

21. VanMac macrumors 6502a

VanMac

I know how you feel. I get antsy just waiting for books to arrive with free shipping from Amazon, let alone a new mac.

I think I will buy mine right from the Apple store in Yorkdale mall when I'm ready....that way I wont have to freak out waiting for it.

22. MacTruck thread starter macrumors 65816

MacTruck

Still not here. Fedex making all kinds of excuses one after another. Can't contact the driver. Called and spoke to a superviser. She says that the driver was on vacation and had his sister do it yesterday but she hurt herself and drove the truck and all the packages home with her not notifying anyone. Geez. Now the guy that usually does it is delivering 2 days of packages. What a freakin fiasco. Might as well have had a guy named ringo drive it from Cupertino in his pickup to me.

23. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

well i've had no problems. my Powerbook arrived a week earlier than stated and my iPod Mini 2 days early (took about 48 hours to arrive :eek: )

24. mashinhead macrumors 68020

You would have a point, IF if wasn't the only shipping option. If they don't give you the right to pay for expedited shipping, they better get it there. I mean you're not really choosing free shipping.

25. MacTruck thread starter macrumors 65816

MacTruck

Never came. Now have to call fedex again to get more excuses thrown at me.