Apple's heart goes out to those hurt by the Indian Ocean ts...

Discussion in 'Mac Scene' started by MacBytes, Dec 30, 2004.

1. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

uh... this has been posted for some time already...

2. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

3. 2GMario macrumors regular

gatta love the usa

only government that i know of that you can love for out "freedom" and absolutely hate for our politics at the very same time.

i reserve my opinion about what i think about the USA helping them, so il stop my post here.

-Mario

4. ac2102 macrumors member

ac2102

I love this!

I came into this thread thinking i might find some comments on how it was nice that apple were helping out here or other sympathetic comments, and all that is here are comments about merging with the original thread.

I appreciate that this is probably the case, but let the mods do their job and if you feel the need to tell them what to do then please PM them.

For what it is worth, just in case anyone else who has or has not discovered the other thread and came here looking for the same thing as me, then i think that it is great that Apple have basically removed all Apple advertising from their front page and replaced it with a very important message. They have even removed the news ticker from the bottom. Commendable in my humble opinion.

-ac2102

5. TomSmithMacEd macrumors 6502

Yeah, I went and looked at dell.com, microsoft.com and other websites of major companies. I don't know of any other company that is doing something like this. Go Apple.

6. fedora macrumors member

7. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

I don't understand the negative comments.

This is a MacBytes posting. Where on MacBytes was this already posted?

And what does this have to do with the US government?

Anyway, I commend Apple for this. They don't have any product stuff on the home page anymore, just easy links to places you can send money to help.

8. adamfilip macrumors 6502a

adamfilip

I think its great to see Apple helping out

Im curious if apple has donated any money..

9. Santaduck macrumors 6502a

Santaduck

I concur... Apple should be commended for such a swift and visible move. Google as well.

We should be seeing more such information on sites in the future... in recent memory the same thing happened at 9/11...

The issue is also that the suggested sites for donations are by default endorsed by the website (e.g. Apple or Google), and there is the assumption that these are legitimate and the "best" places to send your donations.

10. Sir_Giggles macrumors 6502a

Sir_Giggles

11. me_94501 macrumors 65816

me_94501

12. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

13. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Probably got some complaints, took them long enough. Notice how they display just how much they gave them. :rolleyes: I can appreciate the effort, but it's hard to think this is completely altruistic. Especially considering where the money came from.

I'm sure the victims will appreciate it though, so I suppose I shouldn't say anything.

14. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i dont like microsoft, but at least they are supporting the cause, and i believe i heard somewhere or from someone that bill gates is getting together quite a sizable donation to help, but we will see

oh and a lot of companies are starting to match whatever thier employees donate as well, which is a good step