Apple's HotNews is Odd

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by verloren, Feb 17, 2004.

1. verloren macrumors newbie

Checked the Hot News section of the apple site this morning, and found the NY Times story listed (http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/15/fashion/15IPOD.html?8hpib) to be very odd. It basically says that iPods close people off from their environments and community, with the implication that this is a bad thing. Why would Apple consider this to be Hot News - "Hey everyone, our products are contributing in a small way to the breakdown of urban society!"

Unless they think that's a selling feature?

Cheers, Paul

2. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    its not exactly postive...oh well i guess they made a mistake or maybe they put it because it showed how many units they have sold..

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

That article is so ridiculous....ever since Sony introduced the first walkman, people have been carrying some sort of device to listen to music. This iPod and other mp3 players just make it a bit easier to use and give you a larger selection of music to listen to.....

Bleh! That so frigin inane - and I agree, why would Apple link such a story? :confused:

D

4. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

They linked to the story because they don't want you to use their products! They want to die as they have been for years now... they're compulsive innovators but really want to be put to death.

(I'm kidding)

5. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Answer: Someone is caffeine deprived over there. Someone probably wandered into their office in the morning, did a google search on iPod, clicked on new, saw a new article on the iPod, had a brain fart and didn't read it first. Remember people....caffeine before anything else in the morning. :)

6. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

I dont drink coffee and im as sharp as a.... a.... thingy thats sharp

7. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Cheese wheel?

8. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

9. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Actually just read the article. Its not really Apple bashing its just noticing a trend in NYC, its not Apple's fault people like the iPod.