Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's next media event, where it is rumored to announce updates across three product categories, is tentatively planned for Tuesday, March 15, according to 9to5Mac. The date could change over the next six weeks.
As the scheduled event is still a month-and-a-half away, the date could conceivably still shift or turn into an online announcement. The media event would be Apple's first since September, and much like the fall event, is planned to touch on three major product categories for the company.
At the media event, its first since September, Apple CEO Tim Cook and other executives are expected to introduce the new 4-inch "iPhone 5se" and iPad Air 3, alongside minor Apple Watch updates, including new bands.

Apple-Watch-iPad-iPhone.jpg

Apple's new 4-inch iPhone is rumored to feature an A9 chip with M9 motion coprocessor, 1,624 mAh battery, 1GB of RAM, Bluetooth 4.2, Apple Pay, VoLTE, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, and 16GB and 64GB storage models, but 3D Touch appears unlikely.

The so-called "iPhone 5se" will reportedly ship in late March or early April, and will likely replace the iPhone 5s. Apple's smartphone lineup come September is expected to be the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, and iPhone 5se.

Details surrounding the iPad Air 3 are less clear, but leaked design drawings and aftermarket cases suggest the new 9.7-inch tablet could have a rear-facing LED camera flash, Smart Connector, and four speakers like the iPad Pro.

Taiwanese website DigiTimes also said the iPad Air 3 will have a high-resolution 4K display and up to 4GB of RAM, but the report is questionable due to the publication's mixed track record at reporting on Apple's upcoming product plans.

Last, earlier rumors suggested an "Apple Watch 2" could debut around March, but the wrist-worn device will likely only receive minor updates, including new bands and possibly a FaceTime camera, at next month's purported media event.

Update: BuzzFeed's John Paczkowski has confirmed March 15 as the date when Apple will hold its spring event to unveil a smaller iPhone, a new iPad, and new watch bands.

Article Link: Apple's iPad Air 3 and 'iPhone 5se' Event May Take Place March 15

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
Good for those looking for a new iPad or smaller phone.. and of course good for my wallet because I'm not interested in anything being announced in March, except the new OS updates. YAY! :)

Reactions: vmistery

PlainviewX

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2013
It's looking more and more like we'll not get the very obvious GPS inclusion in the Apple Watch upgrade. Well, I guess I'll have to look elsewhere if I want a fitness device. Though Apple touts the Apple Watch as a fitness device, it's obvious it's nothing close to it.

Mac 128

macrumors 603
Apr 16, 2015
I just upgraded to iOS 9.2.1 and it broke my Touch ID and devastated my battery life. Apple thinks the software update may have "exposed" flaws in the out of warranty hardware. I really hope they actually announce this phone whatever it is. Never knew how dependent I'd become on Tiuch ID. Now that I'm office bound battery life is nit that essential, but can't live like this.

nocturnum

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2014
Europe
1GB of RAM on 5se. Love you Timmy. And like you said ... you are not in for mere profits. You cheeky liar. :D
[doublepost=1454424597][/doublepost]1GB of RAM on 5se. Love you Timmy. And like you said ... you are not in for mere profits. You cheeky liar. :D

Reactions: Apple Human

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
If the new Air3 have enough memory and side-by-side screens/multi tasking like iPP and support the stylus, i mean the pencil, it could be an attractive alternative to the iPP I have an eye on.

rockinrony

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2015
Still seems like a really underwhelming event.

There has to be more.

Of course. Because Tim is leaking all this news by himself to create hype and gain publicity for upcoming product. But his is not realizing that he eventually killing all excitement and thrill of actual keynote

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
It's looking more and more like we'll not get the very obvious GPS inclusion in the Apple Watch upgrade. Well, I guess I'll have to look elsewhere if I want a fitness device. Though Apple touts the Apple Watch as a fitness device, it's obvious it's nothing close to it.
I use it as my main fitness tracker. But I don't do outdoor runs without my phone. I wouldn't even if the watch had a GPS inside.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.