Apple's iPad Air 3 and 'iPhone 5se' Event May Take Place March 15

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 2, 2016.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple's next media event, where it is rumored to announce updates across three product categories, is tentatively planned for Tuesday, March 15, according to 9to5Mac. The date could change over the next six weeks.
    At the media event, its first since September, Apple CEO Tim Cook and other executives are expected to introduce the new 4-inch "iPhone 5se" and iPad Air 3, alongside minor Apple Watch updates, including new bands.

[​IMG]

Apple's new 4-inch iPhone is rumored to feature an A9 chip with M9 motion coprocessor, 1,624 mAh battery, 1GB of RAM, Bluetooth 4.2, apple pay, VoLTE, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, and 16GB and 64GB storage models, but 3D Touch appears unlikely.

The so-called "iPhone 5se" will reportedly ship in late March or early April, and will likely replace the iPhone 5s. Apple's smartphone lineup come September is expected to be the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, and iPhone 5se.

Details surrounding the ipad air 3 are less clear, but leaked design drawings and aftermarket cases suggest the new 9.7-inch tablet could have a rear-facing LED camera flash, Smart Connector, and four speakers like the iPad Pro.

Taiwanese website DigiTimes also said the iPad Air 3 will have a high-resolution 4K display and up to 4GB of RAM, but the report is questionable due to the publication's mixed track record at reporting on Apple's upcoming product plans.

Last, earlier rumors suggested an "Apple Watch 2" could debut around March, but the wrist-worn device will likely only receive minor updates, including new bands and possibly a FaceTime camera, at next month's purported media event.

Update: BuzzFeed's John Paczkowski has confirmed March 15 as the date when Apple will hold its spring event to unveil a smaller iPhone, a new iPad, and new watch bands.

Article Link: Apple's iPad Air 3 and 'iPhone 5se' Event May Take Place March 15

2. vooke macrumors regular

vooke

3. d4rklamp macrumors regular

Damn all I care about is some updates to the MacBook lineup now that Skylake is available...

4. vseera macrumors member

Will be getting the iPad Air 3 on day one. Long overdue for an upgrade!

5. tkukoc macrumors 6502

tkukoc

Good for those looking for a new iPad or smaller phone.. and of course good for my wallet because I'm not interested in anything being announced in March, except the new OS updates. YAY! :)

6. oliversl macrumors 65816

I really miss the power button at the top. "Please press the right button for 10 seconds", "The one with the plug sign?", "When I try to power off the device the volume change ..."

7. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Just happy that Apple is releasing major products outside of September/October.

8. UnionVGF macrumors 6502

UnionVGF

It's looking more and more like we'll not get the very obvious GPS inclusion in the Apple Watch upgrade. Well, I guess I'll have to look elsewhere if I want a fitness device. Though Apple touts the Apple Watch as a fitness device, it's obvious it's nothing close to it.

9. PortableLover macrumors 6502

4 inch a9 4 inch a9

4 inch A9!!!! with 128gb same internals as 6s maybe without 3d touch and you have a sale apple!

10. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

11. Mac 128 macrumors 68040

Mac 128

I just upgraded to iOS 9.2.1 and it broke my Touch ID and devastated my battery life. Apple thinks the software update may have "exposed" flaws in the out of warranty hardware. I really hope they actually announce this phone whatever it is. Never knew how dependent I'd become on Tiuch ID. Now that I'm office bound battery life is nit that essential, but can't live like this.

12. Dydegu macrumors 6502a

Dydegu

Still seems like a really underwhelming event.

There has to be more.

13. nocturnum macrumors regular

nocturnum

1GB of RAM on 5se. Love you Timmy. And like you said ... you are not in for mere profits. You cheeky liar. :D
    --- Post Merged, Feb 2, 2016 ---
    1GB of RAM on 5se. Love you Timmy. And like you said ... you are not in for mere profits. You cheeky liar. :D

14. 1Zach1 macrumors 6502a

1Zach1

15. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

1GB RAM in the 5se according to who?

That's not what Mark Gurman is saying anyway. I think it's not very likely considering we haven't seen an A9 with 1GB before, and we've even seen an A8 with 2GB RAM (4th gen Apple TV).

16. jasonmelling macrumors 6502

jasonmelling

Dang. I just bought a 5s in September...

17. ChristianJapan macrumors 68040

ChristianJapan

If the new Air3 have enough memory and side-by-side screens/multi tasking like iPP and support the stylus, i mean the pencil, it could be an attractive alternative to the iPP I have an eye on.

18. bushido Suspended

bushido

so many numbers. just call it

iPhone Plus
    iPhone
    iPhone Vintage
    iPhone Mini

:D

19. mountain macrumors 6502

mountain

20. Jax44 macrumors 6502

Jax44

It bears repeating...

21. rockinrony macrumors member

rockinrony

Of course. Because Tim is leaking all this news by himself to create hype and gain publicity for upcoming product. But his is not realizing that he eventually killing all excitement and thrill of actual keynote

22. Chupa Chupa macrumors G4

Chupa Chupa

March 15? Probably will be as disappointing a day for us as it was for Caesar.

23. iBug2 macrumors 68040

I use it as my main fitness tracker. But I don't do outdoor runs without my phone. I wouldn't even if the watch had a GPS inside.

24. dominiongamma macrumors 6502

dominiongamma

Guess I'm the only excited person that if the 4K rumor is true that Apple will start to transition over to 4K screen and iTunes movies...