Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

guychicago

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2010
Chicago
Skylake CPUs have been available for months and months, and still no update to the MacBook? Apple needs to stop selling products with out-of-date hardware.
The 28w and 45w ones for the rMBP just came out. If the rMB only gets Skylake it will be a silent update or just a brief mention during the event.
I'm guessing Apple will highlight the 9.3 features for iPad along with the Air3 launch and Night Shift.

Last edited:
Reactions: centauratlas

vatter69

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2013
The core i7 with 28 TDP for the 13" rmb is still not launched - so no idea where you guys are getting your months and months from.

The 28w and 45w ones just came out for the rMBP just came out. If the rMB only gets Skylake it will be a silent update or just a brief mention during the event.
I'm guessing Apple will highlight the 9.3 features for iPad along with the Air3 launch and Night Shift.

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
Skylake CPUs have been available for months and months, and still no update to the MacBook? Apple needs to stop selling products with out-of-date hardware.

Considering the problems Microsoft is having with Skylake cpus in their Surface, perhaps you can understand why Apple is holding out until Intel can deliver problem-free cpus and in volume?

Reactions: centauratlas

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
I am looking forward to this event. I guess we'll get iOS 9.3 then.

Karma*Police

macrumors 68030
Jul 15, 2012
Damn all I care about is some updates to the MacBook lineup now that Skylake is available...

I'd love to see the MBP body updated to look more like MB. Skylake alone is pretty underwhelming. If the body doesn't change, buying last year's model at a deep discount seems like the better way to go.

Haynzee

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2012
iPad Air 3... March.... Last time there was an iPad in March (iPad 3) it was replaced within a few months... im not bitter still... Honest :p

Reactions: UltraInstinct

jfrancis04

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2010
Damn all I care about is some updates to the MacBook lineup now that Skylake is available...
Same here. :(

Gurman is usually spot on too. Was hoping to get the macbook pro and/or macbook air update early this year. Honestly, skylake plus color options for the rMBP would be enough for me at this point. Tweak of the rMBP design would be even better.

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Sep 14, 2007
Man, this is getting tiring. You really know Apple is out of ideas when they re-release the iPhone 5s with a few additional features and highlight it as an accomplishment. New watch bands? Really Tim?

I've got $3,000 burning a hole in my pocket for a 5K Retina iMac, but Apple won't be getting the money until they update it with USB-C... but hey!! Watch bands!!

Reactions: Edd.Dantes

mytdave

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2002
With all the news of declining tablet sales, this is good news. I've been waiting myself - for the next model of the iPad Air to buy. It will be interesting to see how much difference this makes in the overall market though.

I considered the iPad Pro, but it's not pro enough to replace the good ole laptop, and a little too pricey to fit the role of what I'll use the iPad Air for, so yeah.

Edd.Dantes

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2007

What will that matter? They have to kill the Air for the MacBook the make a comeback. There isn't room for both. If they add more power to the MacBook, then the Air is basically useless. Apple has gone crazy with thinness and their product line. 2015 MacBook was on par with a 2011 laptop. How else can that possibly screw things up :rolleyes:

nope7308

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Will the rumoured iPhone 5se have a headphone jack?

And would Apple seriously introduce a new iPhone, only to release an updated version in less than a year? Seems fishy.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I've got $3,000 burning a hole in my pocket for a 5K Retina iMac, but Apple won't be getting the money until they update it with USB-C...

You are going to be waiting for quite some time.

They just introduced it with the rMB & it have yet been implemented with the MacBook Pro lines. I really don't envision that in the near future for the iMac lines. And I figure once they do... It might not be many USB-C ports, which perhaps... You'll then be reluctant to buy it until there's more USB-C ports

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
Seriously. I could care less about the damned watch, and periodic phone improvement are like clockwork at this point -- but Macs and Macbooks are left to languish. Sucks that Apple has lost focus on their original core products...

Knowing that Microsoft is having problems with Skylake cpus for their Surface product, why would you blame Apple for not updating their computers until Intel can deliver problem-free cpus in the volume Apple requires?

joe-h2o

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2012
Wow, I can't wait to pay 400-500 dollars for a 4inch phone!...said nobody with a clue.

Wait, what?

Why would they not have clue? Is it because they have different needs than you? Because you don't want a 4" phone you think people would be clueless to buy one?

If it has similar specs to the 6/6+ but is 4" instead of the size of a barn door that makes it a foolish purchase?

Oh please, tell me more o wise master of all things. Tell me what else I would be clueless to spend money on. I've clearly been doing it wrong all these years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.