Apple's iPhone development kit rocks

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Mar 30, 2008.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors newbie

Do they not get it?

I am getting a little tired of these journalists who just don't get it. It was always the plan to release a SDK for the iPhone, they just had too much on there plate at the beginning to release it, and they kept it a secret, they wanted to show us only the great things about what they did have. So stop saying "what an unforeseen mistake by Steve."

My first Post!

3. macrumors 604

QuarterSwede

That may very well be but the problem is there is no proof to support that.

4. macrumors 6502

I am getting tired of the apologists who will apologise for every single mistake and miscalculation that Apple makes. It is non-objective comments like this that give Mac users a bad name.

5. macrumors 6502a

There was a rumor going around last summer that an Apple engineer at a party implied an SDK would be forthcoming. I never doubted its truth.

There's no doubt in my mind that Apple planned on opening up development for native apps from the start. They just required time to set it up right.

6. NAG
    macrumors 68030

NAG

Huh? How is saying one thinks Apple didn't have the SDK ready so they lied about it defending Apple? Is my pointing out a flaw in your logic now also defending you? I don't get it.

7. macrumors newbie

Thats true, i dont have proof. If i may restate what i meant a little more clearly. I wish that these journalists would consider that they had the plan for the SDK all along. Just consider it. Because in all probability, its true.

And i apologize if i offended anyone.

8. 123
    macrumors 6502

Judging by Steve's speech, in all probability, it's _not_ true.

9. macrumors G5

nagromme

Consider it this way: at the time of the iPhone's release the OS was FAR from final form--it worked great but has changed a lot. How could Apple possibly have released an SDK early on, and not broken half the apps later?

Further evidence: the lack of their OWN iPhone games. What was Apple waiting for? The iPhone App Store and SDK, it would seem.

It's certainly POSSIBLE that Apple whipped up this amazing SDK on short notice and never planned to before. Nothing wrong with Apple putting their energies in other places first. But there's no real evidence that this SDK wasn't planned from the start. There's no proof either way.

What we do know is we got a great toolset, as soon as could possibly have been hoped for on a brand-new (less than a year on the market) major platform.