Apple's iPhone Trade-In Program Launches in France Retail Stores

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 3, 2014.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Starting today, Apple is expanding its iPhone trade-in program to French retail stores, making France the third country to offer Apple's in-store recycling initiative. Though not publicly announced, an Apple spokesperson in France confirmed the launch to iPhoneAddicts.

[​IMG]
    The program allows customers to trade-in an older iPhone at a retail store and immediately receive up to EUR215 ($296) in a gift card credit that can be used towards the purchase of a new iPhone. French retail store employees have been briefed on the program and have been told to inform customers of the recycling option when they buy a new phone. Trade-in details already listed on France's Apple Store website.

Apple's in-store iPhone recycling program debuted in the U.S. in August 2013 and was rolled out to the UK a few months later. Apple has a similar online trade-in program that requires customers to send in their old iPhone before receiving a credit. This mail-in program may offer greater value for a used iPhone, but the in-store program offers the convenience of a no-hassle credit that's immediately applied to the purchase of a new model.

Article Link: Apple's iPhone Trade-In Program Launches in France Retail Stores

2. macrumors newbie

Canada's stores too

Apple stores in Canada will start soon to offer the Trade-In program

3. macrumors regular

4. macrumors member

How do you know this? I live in Canada and having this would be awesome!

5. macrumors 68000

Cuban Missles

My heart is in Camagüey, the rest in the USA
    I think this is a great thing for apple and they need to be rolling it out faster. Because of this program, I stood in line and bought my 5s and my wife's 5c at an apple store last year. Usually I would just go to the AT&T store.

The service difference was great, and as a result I also went ahead and bought a couple of other accessories from Apple.

Bottom line the customer wins with better service over the telcos, IMO, and Apple wins with up-sells and cross-sells.

6. macrumors 6502a

7. macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Device engineer 30+ yrs, touchscreens 24+.
    What are the different prices they offer? And for which models?

The article noted the highest offer as being around $300. I think the lowest is around $120 (?).

How is this compared to selling on Craigslist or eBay?

8. macrumors 68020

carjakester

guaranteed money. much much less though.

9. macrumors 68030

macs4nw

Yap, it's a trade-off just like selling anything else privately vs trading it in: more $$, but more hassle, or less $$, but no headache.

10. macrumors 65816

^^This basically. I'm about to do this with my wife's Iphone 4 for the 5c next week. I just don't feel like the hassle of craigslist or eBay.