Apple's iWatch Pegged for 2015 Debut in Two Sizes With 8 GB Storage, Multiple Material Options

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 4, 2014.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo released a research note today with updated information on Apple's rumored iWatch wearable device. Echoing earlier reports, Kuo believes Apple will unveil the iWatch at its upcoming September event, with sales starting in 2015. This early announcement would create a buzz about the product and provide developers with adequate time to prepare apps for this new device.

[​IMG]
    2.5-inch iWatch concept from SET Solution with curved, rectangular display
    According to Kuo, the iWatch may have a rectangular design and will include 8GB of internal storage with 512MB LPDDR3. The wristwatch will be available in two screen sizes of 1.3 and 1.5-inches in order to accommodate different wrist sizes. Apple may use between two to four different casing materials, with aluminum and gold as two likely options.
    Rumors have suggested the iWatch will include several sensors to monitor vital health statistics such as heart rate, sleep activity and more. The band likely will sync with the iPhone and integrate with iOS 8's Health app, which will produce a comprehensive health profile using health and fitness data compiled from a variety of third-party sources.

Article Link: Apple's iWatch Pegged for 2015 Debut in Two Sizes With 8 GB Storage, Multiple Material Options

2. macrumors member

charlitos

Sure! As long as it does not look anywhere close to that render.

3. macrumors newbie

How long until the statement "You're wearing it wrong" becomes a thing on the forums?

4. macrumors 6502

sputnikv

Knowing the storage size doesn't say much with regards to anything since we don't know the kind of media if any will be put on it.

5. macrumors 6502a

Could we please get a round up of all Ming-Chi Kuo's reports for the iPhone and watch? I'd love to see them all lined up.

6. macrumors 6502

in b4 all the "it needs 2GB of RAM" posts..

7. macrumors 68020

Hmmm I'm about to pull up statements that Ming has said that have turned out to be completely false.

8. macrumors member

charlitos

They're splitting them into articles ATM, you must wait!

9. macrumors regular

Lapidus

Plastic tape will be one of those materials.

And 8gb? There is no space for that. It will use everything from your iPhone over Bluetooth, right?

10. Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I'm liking the sound of an iWatch more and more and look forward to seeing it introduced.

11. macrumors newbie

512mb ram?

Oh, please.

I ain't touching iWatch unless it has 2GB RAM.

12. macrumors newbie

If Macrumors would stop reporting KGI Securities analysts who guess and Digitimes reporters who lie for clickbait that would be great.

By the way Macrumors, the iWatch won't be announced September 9th. If we're reporting on guessing/lying nowadays maybe you should report on that.

But you probably earn millions reporting on ******** so it's fine.

13. macrumors 68040

So far every iwatch I've seen looks like its trying to find a solution to a problem that doesnt exist.

14. macrumors 65816

Death.... to MING

15. macrumors regular

carrrrrlos

Looking forward to the iWatch reveal more than the iPhone 6. Apple has done a great job keeping this one under wraps.

16. macrumors 68030

8gb in the bottom of the range iWatch when the bottom of latest iPhone comes in 16gb (bottom of range)

Pull the other one. Ming and your fortune cookie predictions

How many more before macrumours says enough and starts ignoring him?

if you read his predictions its a joke. Its like trying to cover all your bases with a statement so you can appear right, informed and intelligent. Its poo

17. macrumors G5

Rogifan

What is Kuo basing these predictions on? Just throwing crap at the wall hoping something will stick?

18. macrumors 68040

the8thark

Not going to happen. So best to like MR for what it is.

19. macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

At this point, just wait until the 9th. I'm getting tired of all this.

20. macrumors 6502a

foodog

Don't forget Octo-core CPU, a 50x 1080p display

21. macrumors 68040

the8thark

I assume so yes.

22. macrumors member

I really hope it doesn't look like any of the mockups. They are all so hideously ugly. The one in this article looks like an ipod nano with a wriststrap.

And I really hope it is not rectangular. If it is, Switzerland will be fine for a long, long time.

23. macrumors regular

Kuo is just guessing around and hoping that something will become true. :rolleyes:

24. macrumors 6502a

lincolntran

He just regurgitates what he already said. This time I think he just guessing, just like everybody else

25. macrumors regular

Have Kuo been right even once? If i remember correctly about all his reports i would assume he has a failure rate of over 90%, atleast.