1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Apple's Live Chat

Discussion in 'Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion' started by CANEHDN, Aug 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

I was looking around on Apple's site and noticed they are doing Live Chats with customer service. How long has this been going on? I couldn't see another forum regarding this.

2. macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

They've been doing it since the iMac G5 (with iSight) came out. I was looking for this a few days ago and couldn't find id, I thought they had stopped. Can I have a link to where you found it?

3. macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

It's gone. They had icons on the bottom of the page and a pop up window asked if I wanted to LiveChat with one of the Service Reps. I can't find any of the icons now. They were at the bottom of the pages.

4. macrumors regular

dansgil

How many people actually used these live chats?

Personally, I prefer to talk to someone on the phone. It's often much easier to explain your problem.

5. macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

I've never used it. I just have never seen Apple do it. I guess it may be something they are starting (or starting up again). The Live Chat stuff is gone off their site though. They are playing tricks on me and it's freakin' me out.

6. Moderator emeritus

devilot

Even before that. I know because I had to use the 2nd day I had my Rev. B iMac G5 (non-iSight).

It was pretty effective actually. Easier for me to think things through and see how they might look to someone unfamiliar to my machine; was I descriptive enough, etc.

It's also more comfortable than holding a phone between my ear and shoulder for 2+ hours. :rolleyes:

7. macrumors 68000

Aperture

There is a pre-sales chat by going into the Education Store. When you get to the screen where you enter your zip code to find your school, wait like 10 seconds and a little link pops up at the bottom of the page.

8. macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

You're right. I was getting my order together and at the bottom of the checkout screen it had the Chat Now stuff.

Attached Files:

• chat.gif
      chat.gif
      File size:
      2.2 KB
      Views:
  9. macrumors 65816

DJMastaWes

Is the live chat with a webcam? If so, before someone goes on, you should put on like a halloween mask.

10. macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

I'm guessing it's not with a cam. Cause then you'd get all the horny nerd sitting there naked. That would be gross to accept an incoming chat question and see a fat hairy naked guy. The thought gives me shivers.

11. macrumors 68000

Google it. I use it a lot. google, apple live chat

12. macrumors newbie

I have used this too, but...

when I came back, I couldn't find the link either. Maybe they only offer it during certain hours or when there is someone available to chat?

Is it only on the Education site? Why isn't it on the regular site?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.