Apple's March 2016 Media Event: Spoiler-Free Video Stream [Video Posted]

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 20, 2016.

1. MacRumors
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple's March 2016 media event will be kicking off at 10:00 AM Pacific on Monday, and as is tradition some MacRumors readers who can't follow the event live are interested in avoiding all of the announcements and waiting until Apple posts the recorded video of the event so as to experience it without already knowing the outcome.

[​IMG]

For those individuals, we've posted this news story, which will be updated with a direct link to the presentation once it becomes available from Apple. No other news stories or announcements will be displayed alongside this story.

Apple has become quicker about making event videos available for replay over the past several years, and videos are now frequently available within an hour of an event's conclusion.

Users waiting for the video to be posted are welcome to gather in the thread associated with this news story, and we ask that those who follow the events refrain from making any posts about Apple's announcements in this thread.

Video Posted: A direct link to the video file is now available, with no spoilers.

Article Link: Apple's March 2016 Media Event: Spoiler-Free Video Stream [Video Posted]

2. garirry
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

garirry

Thankfully now I have time to watch it live, but I appreciate what you're doing; I absolutely hated when I had to quickly go to Apple's livestream website, without accidentally stumbling across a post that spoils EVERYTHING that was announced.

3. Jakeoster
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

Sources in the Mexican supply chain who leaked a preproduction 3rd party case for the TI-84 Plus in the past have it on good authority that a rectangular phone may or may not be announced tomorrow.

4. smacrumon
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

smacrumon

I have a strong feeling an all new iPhone design will be previewed to catch everyone off guard in the most pleasant way possible. The new design will be all glass, flat glass front and back with curved glass sides. The antenna bands will run inside the glass and be hidden from view, so will the dual camera be hidden inside. The front will use a semi mirror glass finish and the back will be painted inside in one of six colours; black, white, silver, gold, rose gold and deep blue. Someone please render this before it is unveiled in a few hours.

5. sulpfiction
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Lol. Ur joking right? The days of BIG surprises are over. The most exciting thing tomorrow will be the new watch bands. You'll get the SE, and a new iPad both of which won't be surprising.

6. garirry
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

garirry

I imagine Tim Cook, sitting in his couch, browsing MacRumors with his Roku 4, and laughing to death as he sees this post. His bodyguards must be a bit worried.

7. ghost187
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

ghost187

I refuse to believe iPhone SE, 9.7" iPad Pro, and new watch bands will be "it"! There must be something we're missing.

8. 12vElectronics
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Nope, that's pretty much it lol.

9. KylePowers
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68000

KylePowers

Well, Skylake rMB is possible. Would be totally blown away if they introduced a 14in rMB. That'd be awesome

10. anshuvorty
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

anshuvorty

The only real question is what this new smaller iPhone will be called: most likely SE, but could be changed to Mini or something else entirely. Apple could change the name at the last second, you never know.

11. ghost187
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

ghost187

I'd buy that in a heart beat! Yet all the rumors say the mbp refresh will be in June which didn't make sense because they will have so many things to announce at this year's wwdc (new iOS, OSX, Watch OS, and TV OS).
    --- Post Merged, Mar 20, 2016 ---
    Nothing against you bro but I hope you're totally wrong!

12. smacrumon
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

smacrumon

13. jonnysods
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68040

jonnysods

Mac things? Not likely. Just hope they don't make us wait until WWDC for the new rMBP.

14. smacrumon
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

smacrumon

It's this attitude that makes it okay for Apple to never surprise customers again. Please be upbeat, raise the level of expectations we have of Apple, hold them to account of their previous exacting standards.

15. now i see it
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

I took a quick glance at apl's historic media events at wiki, and they haven't always have a Spring event (obviously when there wasn't much to talk about). Sometimes is was just skipped for WWDC in the Summer.

So I'm thinking it won't just be watch bands and iOS 9.3 preview. There will be some new updated things, but the juiciest trinkets are usually saved to debut at WWDC.

16. smacrumon
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

smacrumon

Why would Tim Cook be laughing at this post detailing a new way forward for Apple to even greater products and product sales? This is great design advice, (C) me, I should be getting a large thank you card not a laugh.

17. KylePowers
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68000

KylePowers

rMBP closer to WWDC I agree. But the rMB was shown off in March last year and shipped in April. I think it's likey we'll see a spec bumb tomorrow
    rMB was shown off last March and released April IIRC. But yeah, I don't think we'll see rMBP until closer to WWDC

18. Carlanga
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 603

Carlanga

You do realize this is March?

19. chriscrk
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

chriscrk

If they're going to dedicate time of an event to introduce new Watch bands, I truly hope they're not just new colours or materials. They should introduce one that complement the sensors of the Apple Watch, maybe measure something in the body that the current watch can't do alone.

20. logicstudiouser
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

Also remember to turn off notifications on any news apps you may have. I forgot last time!

21. anshuvorty
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

anshuvorty

Major bombshell announcement at WWDC: the iMac runs on iOS, not OS X anymore, but iOS X!

22. SMIDG3T
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68040

SMIDG3T

Yeah, good luck for people trying to avoid it. You'll probably end up visiting the homepage of this site to see new posts. Also disable notifications on Safari too, you'll be spammed with them too.

23. GenesisST
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68000

GenesisST

A refreshed AC Airport Express would be nice!

24. pat500000
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68030

pat500000

Nowadays... This keynote is pointless. This isn't about being wowed.. This is about when will they hurry up to release it. Apple is trolling us or teasing us.

25. pdaholic
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

pdaholic

25 minutes to tell us how great the Apple Watch is progressing.

5 minutes to show us new watch bands.