apple's mission statement?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by xtqqtxxx, Apr 25, 2006.

1. xtqqtxxx macrumors member

does anyone know what Apple's mission statement is? :confused:

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Linkety

3. SC68Cal macrumors 68000

Can't say I like their mission statement that much. It basically recaps all their accomplishments, but doesn't make any broad statements about what they want to do in the future.

4. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Isn't it pretty much "Computers for the rest of us" or something like that? I know it's more of a slogan, but it sums up what they at least set out to do.

5. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

Here's what I was able to find. It wasn't on Apple's site, so take it for what you will

6. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

7. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

8. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

I still like the poem type thing for the think different campaign. I'll post it if you want

9. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

Mmm... Capitalism's mission statement.

10. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

You spent two days digging up what I posted in the first reply and linked to? :confused:

11. jayb2000 macrumors 6502a

jayb2000

this might be it

The Company is committed to bringing the best personal computing and music experience to students,
    educators, creative professionals, businesses, government agencies, and consumers through its innovative
    hardware, software, peripherals, services, and Internet offerings. The Company’s business strategy
    leverages its unique ability, through the design and development of its own operating system, hardware,
    and many software applications and technologies, to bring to its customers new products and solutions with
    superior ease-of-use, seamless integration, and innovative industrial design. The Company believes
    continual investment in research and development is critical to facilitate innovation of new and improved
    products and technologies. Besides updates to its existing line of personal computers and related software,
    services, peripherals, and networking solutions, the Company continues to capitalize on the convergence of
    digital consumer electronics and the computer by creating innovations like the iPod and iTunes Music
    Store. The Company’s strategy also includes expanding its distribution network to effectively reach more of
    its targeted customers and provide them a high-quality sales and after-sales support experience.

I lifted it from their 2005 annual report

12. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Read my freaking post!! Direct from Apple Investor Relations...it can't get much plainer than that...

Q: What is Apple's mission statement?
    A: Apple ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II and reinvented the personal computer in the 1980s with the Macintosh. Today, Apple continues to lead the industry in innovation with its award-winning desktop and notebook computers, OS X operating system, and iLife and professional applications. Apple is also spearheading the digital music revolution with its iPod portable music players and iTunes online music store.

13. taytho macrumors 6502

any reason this information is important to you?

14. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Based on this thread, he's doing a presentation for school.

15. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

I hate it when people come into class to talk about Apple. I need to get a beat-you-for-talking stick. It's like some showcase of the person's superiority. grr

16. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

It was only one day (I got to the party a bit late), and if you read carefully, what I posted says something different than what you posted. Relax. :rolleyes:

17. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Sorry...didn't mean to nip at you. I'm relaxed now...cool, calm, collected crab. :D

I just didn't understand why you wouldn't accept what was on Apple's site...their own answer to the direct question "What is Apple's mission statement?"

I just get a little frustrated when it seems like posts go unread (not just mine...anyone's).

18. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

The link you posted didn't look like it was from Apple's site (the address, anyway), and the place I got mine looked exactly the same (though it had different words). Also, mine sounded a lot more like a mission statement than the one you posted (which sounded like just them bragging). But yeah, you seem like a much more relaxed crab, so it's all good. :D

19. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Cool. :cool:

If anyone's curious about my link, it actually does directly come from Apple's site. Apple, like many companies, contracts out the Investor Relations portion of their website to allow pros to handle all of the required information releases, etc. That's why the address is different...it comes from another site, but displays in a frame within Apple's own site as you navigate through it, integrating seamlessly so that you'd never know it's anything different unless you opened the frame directly (which I did in order to link to the anchor for that portion of the FAQ).

20. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

I was reading that page and found this:

:eek:

21. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Very old news.

22. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Young 'uns... :rolleyes:

Just kidding, lilstewart...you know we love you!

;) :D

23. xtqqtxxx thread starter macrumors member

thanks
    that's kind of what i was looking for:D

24. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

I think their mission statement is "make everyone except caleb johnston happy with their 1500 dollar investments".