Apple's New Music Tuesday podcast and QT7

Discussion in 'iPod' started by maka, Jun 29, 2005.

1. maka macrumors regular

Hi everyone,

I've just upgraded to QT7 and noticed that it won't open Apple's podcast whereas QT6 did fine... Anyone else experienced the same? I'd like to know if this could be a bug or somehow it's my fault...

What I want is to create an AAC file with bookmarks and different artwork like Apple's podcast, but so far I haven't been able to save any results from QT Pro to a AAC file... :(

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

What is the error, -8971? That means there's a feature in the QT library that the player hasn't been programmed to support (I'm guessing that it's the chapter stuff).

Apple have released the Chapter Tool for doing that. At the moment it's still in beta and only works from the terminal. You use it by editing a text (XML) file with the chapter and image information. Instructions are in the DMG.

3. maka thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks a lot. What I find strange is that the QT 6 Player did play the file correctly (with the chapters) so it's a problem with version 7...

I'll be trying that. :) Thanks

4. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Yeah, QT6 probably doesn't have hooks for these chapter tags, so there is nothing for the player to trip on, just random "noise" to be ignored.

5. maka thread starter macrumors regular

But it showed the chapters and artwork correctly, even the links... although the links were displayed with plain text, not as in iTunes, but otherwise the file worked perfectly... It played the same way a Quicktime .mov with a text track for the chapters would... That's why I was trying to use QT to do the chapters... :D

I hope they fix this soon, because for some applications, it's much better to watch the images in a window that can be set to full screen (I'm thinking sound scene tours)