APPLE'S NEWEST WRINKLE: THE CUSTOMIZED, U2 IPOD

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Oct 20, 2004.

1. macrumors bot

2. Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

but they're mistaken - Apple has offered Customized iPods in the past, with various artist's signatures laser-etched into the back. This may be the first full-body customization, but not the first of any kind...

3. macrumors 603

zelmo

So it really is going to have a U2 logo on it. :(
    I hope it's on the back, in 4 pt type....

4. macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

i hope the scroll wheel is not gray or something...

5. macrumors 603

aswitcher

Do we suspect ts going to be 60 gig?

6. macrumors regular

nfocus design

Me too. I hate the gray wheel. Maybe black or a metallic silver like the one in this picture.

Attached Files:

7. macrumors member

mmm, black

black would be so tempting.

but i'm holding out for 60gigs. 40 is too small.

8. macrumors 603

aswitcher

If the suspected bPod (Bono Pod) is the 60 gig WITH the new colour screen and photo capability...that would be superb...

I hope this is what is is after they said at the last 1/4 report that they were focusing on their music/ipod...

9. macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

yeah thats pretty weak.... i mean what happens if there album's crap? then your stuck carrying around a iPod with a bands logo on it thats not koo.

10. macrumors G5

nagromme

The NY Post is just repeating other articles. Nothing new. They don't even mention black, which Forbes claimed to know. It wouldn't surprise me if the logo isn't just engraved on the back like all the other special artist iPods Apple has (with lass fanfare) done.

BTW, the grey scroll wheel may trigger a "different is bad" reaction from us since we're used to white. But it's excellent strategy: make that wheel visible, since it's the trademark feature of the iPod. The Minis did that well too.

11. macrumors 603

solvs

Um... then don't buy it. I'm sure you can still buy normal white ones. And if you must have black, you could probably live with it saying U2 on the back. If not, there are places that will color your iPod and plenty of cases you could buy.

Not picking on you neccessarily, just been getting a lot of this lately. Don't like it, don't click on it, don't buy it, you have other options. Besides, U2 used to be good.

12. macrumors member

yeah, that would be really cool. i'd buy one despite not being a u2 fan. though i can't imagine they'd have such a cool thing chained exclusively to u2. so i'll be buying the non-u2 version. *hopes*

13. macrumors G5

nagromme

It's a marketing agreement between U2 and Apple, to benefit both parties. So I seriously doubt there will be a non-U2 version of whatever it is--or an non-Apple U2 music player, for that matter.

14. macrumors newbie

Flash iPod with U2 album on flash

Flash iPod with U2 album on flash