Apples on 24

Discussion in 'Community' started by Nobs, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Nobs macrumors member

Anyone a fan of the show 24 here? Apple has a ton of product placement on the show. Jack Bauer (the main character) is a huge Apple user it would seem. He has a 17" PB AND a Powermac G5 with a Cinema Display.

But he seems like he's the only person in the office who uses a Mac,

Pretty cool though. :)

2. Supa_Fly macrumors 68030

Supa_Fly

Lovit!

I really have grown to love that show....just watching the recording of this season premeire ; NO COMMERCIALS!!!

Exactly 18Minutes and 16 seconds I saw the placement of The Power Mac G5; then Jack Bauer's daughter while at work incounters an arrogant man whom wont send her a file in order for them both to complete a task - that he wants to do himself. So she within seconds locks him out of his DELL. Then at 31:42 another PowerMac G5 shot.

Grrrrrrrrrr I really want this Mac!!!! Its just the mac to use.

3. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

4. FightTheFuture macrumors 6502a

FightTheFuture

only one pc was strong enough to be the next power mac G5

hey guys, its been recorded and i'm waiting to watch it while i'm trying to fall asleep. did they show everything on the macs? like a lit powerbook lid apple logo? the apple logo on the G5 and cinema display? i'm assuming it was like last years premiere where ford bought away the media buy time. so is it just like a year ago? where everyone in california is driving a ford? unreal!

5. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

i love that show.

but they seem to ahve tons more Apples on the last season's episodes. this one i see Dells, Dell servers, and other computers. but of course, our main character gets the best, a G5 and 17" PB.

on second thught..i think it's good to see them mixing it up in CTU. people will see that macs can work seamlessly with PCs. :)

6. justytylor macrumors newbie

Yep, Kim and Jack both have G5s...

One strange thing: they all seem to be running some sort of non-Apple OS. This being the gov, maybe they're running some flavor of KDE, Gnome, etc. over YellowDog Linux? (the Navy is booting YDL on an order of G5s)

7. Nobs thread starter macrumors member

I thought Jack looked like he was using Virtual PC or something.

And yes, you did get to see the lit Apple logo on Jack's PB.

I just saw the G5 in the background. What do you suppose Jack does with a machine like that?

8. FightTheFuture macrumors 6502a

FightTheFuture

well - he's definitely NOT running virtual pc on it! :mad:

i'm wondering if our canadian members knew that the beautiful elisha cuthbert (jacks' daughter) is from calgary! supposedly, she has a more integrated role in the show this season and won't go sneaking away to do a sequel to old school. i was a bit thrown off that the rumor of her becoming a lesbian on the show didn't pan out.

speaking of apple product placement and kim bauer - maybe they could get more product placement by having kim getting chased in the woods by a Panther this year! they could string that plot along for 2 shows this time.

9. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

Anybody else notice the iSights? There was one on Jack's display and one on Kim's - never focused on, always fuzzy in the background, but there nonetheless. I hope they use them in a later episode....

10. Supa_Fly macrumors 68030

Supa_Fly

Wow didn't know that. Cool.

Umm, guess he'll do exactly what elisha cuthbert (jacks' daughter) did, lock out mouthy Win user's and show more corporate users watching the show the true power of Unix underpinnings in OS X and how you can control PC's.

However, I do like that Dell server jack's daughter used, with that pull out screen. Though it looked like she had to muscle it outta the rack.

Panther question: Can you use iChatDV over Airport/Airport Extreme on a PowerBook??? I really gotta know the answer. Xmas sales should be booming, and my new sales job I'm training for is great. The plus is that 4 co-workers (2 die-hards, 2 new switchers) are Macheads, always keeping my goal fresh on my mind ->PowerMac G5/PowerBook G4 12". Xmas santa's helpers -> clients may be good to me this year; and I won't be greedy I'll share with my family. :D

11. Nobs thread starter macrumors member

Isight

Wow...I didnt' even notice the Isights. I hope that they do use them in future episodes. It fits into the technology angle of the show. Could be a good way to talk to someone who is infected?

Speaking of racks, did anyone see Michelle's rack at the begining of the show? :eek:

12. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

to me the isights weren't very clear in the scene i noticed them but there was something that looked like a camera on top of jack's cinema so i assumeits an isigiht

13. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

Re: Apples on 24

his daughter who works downstairs has a G5

but the office also has dells in it, too:p :eek:

it's a great show and i hope they can incorporate an ipod into the plot...maybe the mexican drug dealer's brother will have some info on it that will end up saving los angeles....again:D

14. Supa_Fly macrumors 68030

Supa_Fly

haha

For a Few Dollars More....

iPods with data on them....ur thinking as basic hard drive right?! CooOOlll!!! Just wish iPods cost only a few paso's.

Still got my eye on a 12"AlBook &/ PowerMac G5 rev. B.

15. ehjay macrumors newbie

you'll note in the scene when the Dr. video conferences her findings to CTU, that you can notice the aqua buttons in a fragment of the screen.

the stoplights? yeah. not hard to see those, so i imagine they're running on some form of OS X.. or ran out of graphics and borrowed some for whatever app they may have been running. ;)

16. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

They had a original Lime iMac on "L. A. Dragnet" Saturday at 10pm. It is a great show. My hope is that more exposure, that seems to be increasing, will lead to increase Mac sales. The iPod and iTunes is certainly a great way.

17. f-matic macrumors member