Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stanleyboy

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
Portsmouth, England, UK
I have GM developers copy so I am not in rush, just wondered how you got past the address and phone verification

Haven't got a clue, just clicked on the link, followed the instructions and got the code, was very easy. oh and i didn't enter a phone number, if that helps

Last edited:

Kraznoff

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2010
ATTENTION THOSE WHO ARE ASKED TO SUBMIT PROOF OF PURCHASE

I entered the serial number on the box of my macbook pro and was asked to submit proof of purchase. When I looked at my receipt from Apple I noticed there are two serial numbers listed in the receipt for the same product, the one I already entered and a second one. I tried the other serial number and the claim went through without having to submit proof of purchase. BUT I have not yet received the email, so it's possible it will let you submit the form without proof of purchase using the other serial number, but it may not be a valid request. I'm debating submitting another claim using the serial number on the box and just attaching proof of purchase as they requested.

EDIT: I realized I have two serial numbers because the first Macbook Pro they gave me had a defect on the keyboard, so they brought out another one to replace it. What's strange is that the ask for proof of purchase for the serial number for the MBP I went home with, but using the serial number for the defective unit I was able to submit a request without proof, but I have not received an email with a code yet. I assume that claim will be denied so I'm submitting a new claim with my actual serial number and I'll just submit proof of purchase.

Last edited:

ugp

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2008
Inverness, Florida
I uploaded a scan of my packing list. If that doesn't work, I don't know what will.

I bought mine from Best Buy. They have record of my purchase. I assume Best Buy transmits the Serial and Date of Sale.

----------

I entered the serial number on the box of my macbook pro and was asked to submit proof of purchase. When I looked at my receipt from Apple I noticed there are two serial numbers listed in the receipt for the same product, the one I already entered and a second one. I tried the other serial number and the claim went through without having to submit proof of purchase. BUT I have not yet received the email, so it's possible it will let you submit the form without proof of purchase using the other serial number, but it may not be a valid request. I'm debating submitting another claim using the serial number on the box and just attaching proof of purchase as they requested.

I used the Serial displayed in the "About This Mac" page. Does that one match up to the one off the box you entered?

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
I used the Serial displayed in the "About This Mac" page. Does that one match up to the one off the box you entered?
As did I, and they still asked for proof! If it doesn't work by the time ML is released, I'm going to give apple a call.

patopipp

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2012
I bought my MBP 13'' in NY just 3 weeks ago. The problem is that I actualy live in Argentina, I don't know where I have my reciept. Another problem I'm having is that they ask for a US phone number and I don't have one. I don't know what to do, may be call AppleCare?

HatterZero

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2012
U.S.A.
I bought mine from Best Buy. They have record of my purchase. I assume Best Buy transmits the Serial and Date of Sale.

----------

The Serial numbers are recorded that they were sent to best buy, but best buy does not scan in the serials at the register to be sent to Apple....

parish

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2009
Wilts., UK

Strange :confused:

I've just checked and I've only one serial no. on the receipt and it matches both the one printed on the box and the one in About This Mac->More Info...

nbdevito

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2012
site down

after trying to get my code, the site went down. I have a brand new MBA and it wasn't detected automatically, so they may have pulled it down for that reason?

dj4uofa

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2007
Tucson, Arizona
Submitted, but nothing emailed

Eh, submitted everything online and got my confirmation code, but haven't gotten an email with PDF or the code to unlock it.

Wondering now that it's down I'll have to do it again once it is live for real? Hmm...

ImAlwaysRight

macrumors 6502a
testing .... one, two, three ... testing

Funny I have the OS X Mountain Lion Up-to-Date Program form up but clicking the continue button does nothing. I opened it before 12noon and didn't complete it and came back 15 minutes later to non-responsive. :( Opening new tab or different browser gives a 404 error like others are getting. Seems like they were just testing it and will put it up live on Wednesday. As long as the codes come quickly, I'm fine with that.

telarson01

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2012
Mountain Lion Licenses

I have a new Macbook Air which qualifies for the free OSX upgrade. I also have an older iMac running Snow Leopard. Can I upgrade the iMac without paying for the ML upgrade once I upgrade the MB Air?

vahnx

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2009
So do we in the UK and it works for us - what's the format of CDN postcodes? Ours are AB1 2CD

Canadian is A1B 2C3
Like yours only our letters/numbers alternate. It still accepted and was able to put in serial, it but at the last page it didn't show Canada, it put United States. Guess us other countries must wait.

parish

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2009
Wilts., UK
Canadian is A1B 2C3
Like yours only our letters/numbers alternate. It still accepted and was able to put in serial, it but at the last page it didn't show Canada, it put United States. Guess us other countries must wait.

Hmm, can't say I noticed; I just let it auto-fill from the Address Book then manually entered the postcode and deleted the phone no

petrucci666

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I bought my macbook in UK but my iTunes ID is US. Is there a way to redeem that lion voucher in different store?

If the Apple ID is US i.e. US credit card is attached to the iTunes account then you use the US App Store, no matter what country you are located in or bought your Mac in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.