Apple's repair warranty on G4's

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by PieMac, Sep 16, 2003.

1. macrumors 6502a

Oct 3, 2002
    I have a dual 1.25 on order to ship by the end of the month. I am curious...if all else fails with the local authorized repair service, does Apple not provide the option to ship the computer directly to them for repair? I realize that the G4 would be more of an expense to ship than a laptop, but I would think, at least as a last resort, that they would do this as part of the warranty service...especially if you've spent the extra money for Applecare.

Where I live we have an AIS store which is an Apple authorized repair facility, but I can tell you right now (for various reasons), they would be the last place I would want to take my G4 if it were ever in need of repair (keeping my fingers crossed here) and the closest Apple Store is 4 and a half hours away. What would the options be? Or do we have any as consumers?
  2. TEG
    macrumors 604

Jan 21, 2002
    Langley, Washington
    You call AppleCare and they will direct you to a local store for repair. Also, the new version of AppleCare has an option for in home repair. If you indicate that you have had bad relations with a local Apple authorized store, and they can't come to fix it, they will pay for it to shipped to their facility in Texas.