Apple's replacement policy

Discussion in 'iPod' started by GoCubsGo, Dec 3, 2006.

1. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I have a pair of the older apple ear buds that I wear when I forget my in-ears at work. Lately they've been sort of hissing or cracking. It's not often, but it happens. I went to Apple's site to fill out a replacement form and they said that they wanted the old buds back or they'll charge my card. Is this new? I can give them the old buds, but I was more curious that they wanted my credit card number to replace a pair of buds. This is the second pair to go bad. The first one was on my 4g ipod, this will be for my 5g ipod.

2. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

They've done this for at least the past two years. Anything you want replaced, you have to send the defective one back, or they charge you the retail value of the part.

3. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

This makes sense to me.

Why should they just give away headphones to people that "say" they have problems ? They are doing good offering a replacement in the first place ;) .

4. GoCubsGo thread starter macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I was more or less curious. The did not do that when my others broke. I mean, for $29 I don't mind buying them, but if they're under warranty then why not. :) I didn't need the credit card before, I'm doing it now because it's not like they don't already have it on file for iTunes, but I was curious.