Apple's response to greasy looking LCD display?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mac000, Jan 4, 2007.

1. mac000 macrumors 6502a

My gilfriend and I fired up my new macbook pro the other day and we both kind of looked at each other and looked at the LCD and I asked her if she thought it looked greasy and she was like it looks like someone wiped their sweaty forehead on the screen.

I did a little google search and came across multiple internet sites where people were complaining about the looks of the monitor. What is going to happen hear? Are we who bought a macbook pro entitled to some type of replacement display? Is there going to be a graphics card fix or some type of firmware update? Am i suppose to return this computer and not have one for a while? I have the 15" 2.16 C2D Macbook Pro with a Glossy display. But my girfriend has the white Macbook and her display is glossy too.

2. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

is it ACTUALLY greasy, as in, is it dirty screen? or is it virtually greasy, as in, it's displaying image that looks greasy?

if it's the former, well, ask for a replacement, if it's the latter... you need to describe a bit more what's wrong with it :)

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Is greasy the same as grainy?

And will repairing permissions make Safari teh Greasy™ on my iMac? :eek:

4. cynerjist macrumors regular

sounds like a graphics card firmware update is exactly what you need. lol :eek:

in all seriousness, break in the display a little bit. if the problem persists, research it, and take the issue to apple.