Apple's Return Policy for Dead Pixels?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Lopez.T.H., Nov 10, 2005.

1. Lopez.T.H. macrumors regular

I just noticed them last night. It sucks. Anybody know the return policy for the dead pixels? there are a lot of them too.

2. Battousai macrumors member

I've never worked with Apple for returns, so I can't speak from experience, but I would call Apple, and just ask them.

That sounds like a manufacturing fault, so I would imagine that it would be covered by the warrenty, but you never know till you get the information from the horses mouth.

3. camerons macrumors newbie

Well.. I'm no horse..

But I got mine replaced for 2 dead pixels. They sent me a box to return it to yesterday. Apple takes care of us.

4. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

If Sony and the PSP are anything to go by it's written into the warranty somewhere - grrr.
    Still I only have one tiny black one, but a good few white ones (mostly right at the top out of the way). The main thing is, when playing games (what it was designed for) I cant see them at all!

Hope you can:
    i) learn to live with it
    ii) get it replaced

Is it very noticeable? I imagine the PPi is pretty large on those screens, so if you can see it from range it's likely to be a couple of pixels together.
    Try putting a pixel fixer on the iPod and see if that helps - but don't get your hopes up, it didn't do a thing for my PSP.