Apple's secret?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Daveway, Sep 4, 2004.

1. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

Over the past few months i've ssen Apple's commercials and introduction videos for products and such and i love the way they can animate text. I know you've seen it, the words look like theyre stacked and flying in and open space, etc. What kind of software do they use to make these video, im dying to know? Look at the iMac g5 intro video as an example.

2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I don't really know for sure, and Apple themselves may very well not make these videos, but my money is on Final Cut Pro, Shake, and Motion.

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i know that apple has a company that does all of their commercials for them, but the name escapes me at the moment, i think it is somewhere on the site here.....ill look and see what i can find

4. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

Its pure motion and after effects. THey have a line of text, apply a through up. Then, they put a grow on certain lines, and change the amount per line. Pretty simple. In the iTunes video, they had a 3d cross post of these lines, which would have to be after effects. Its all put together in after effects, then final cut.

5. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

I actually used only Motion to re-create the titling in the iMac G5 intro video. It was actually pretty simple, at least doing the first sequence of titles (that's all I have done so far).

Maybe when I am done with it I will post a link.

6. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

Animating 2D text using After Effects or Motion is actually pretty simple. You can create some pretty cool text effects without too much difficulty. Well, I can only speak for After Effects since I haven't used Motion yet, though I'm dying to! :D I love Apple's software...

7. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Chiat/Day ;)

8. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

I recreated about five seconds of flying text in AE exactly like the iMac intro. It only took about an hour, and looks really good. Just a lot of keyframing... nothing too fancy.

I did try it a few weeks ago in FCE with a lot less success.

9. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

10. numark macrumors member

TBWA Chiat/Day. They created the highly successful iPod commercials with the dancing shadows that you see all over the place now. I bet they're quite happy with the money they're making now :)

Edit: That'll definitely teach me to read the entire thread from now on... :rolleyes:

11. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

I highly doubt they use premier, first of all that's a PC only program, second of all FCP is so much better and Apple makes it.

12. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

I think he was joking.

13. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Next time I will try to research more before posting... :rolleyes:

dude, I haven't posted here for more than 1 year without knowing what apple makes ;)

I think I was joking... :eek:

14. robotrenegade macrumors 6502a

Adobe After Effects is one the best for this.