Apple's September 10 iPhone Media Event Said to Also Include New iPads [Updated]

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 28, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Buried in an article about Apple's upcoming Tokyo retail store, Bloomberg briefly mentions that Apple's September 10 media event will see the introduction of not only new iPhone models, but also new iPads.
    [​IMG]
    The September 10 date for Apple's iPhone media event was reported by AllThingsD earlier this month and all but confirmed over the following few days by a number of other sources, but the event had been thought to be focused solely on the iPhone and iOS 7.

Given the casual nature with which Bloomberg mentions that new iPads are expected at the event, it is possible that it is an error, as rumors have suggested that the new iPads would not appear until closer to the end of the year. Apple has even been reported to perhaps be pushing back the release of iOS 7 for iPad by a few weeks relative to the iPhone version of the software, with the new iPads and their version of iOS 7 appearing at a later media event.

Update: Bloomberg made a similar quiet mention of both iPhones and iPads appearing at the September 10 event in an article last week.

Update 2: Bloomberg has now updated its article to remove mention of new tablets at Apple's September 10 event.

Update 3: The Loop's Jim Dalrymple has confirmed that there will be no iPads introduced at Apple's September 10 iPhone media event.

Article Link: Apple's September 10 iPhone Media Event Said to Also Include New iPads [Updated]

2. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Nice, perhaps we'll see a retina iPad mini

3. macrumors 6502a

Yeah, doubt it. iOS 7 is already behind for the iPads. It wouldn't make sense for Apple to release them that soon. Moreover, the September 10th event would be too busy.

4. macrumors demi-god

/dev/toaster

I will upgrade my iPad mini if there is a retina version. The more I use my mini, the less I want my full sized iPad. I won't be upgrading that past a 3.

5. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I use my mini all the time, and while the display is ok, I'll not be disappointed if I buy a retina iPad mini :D

6. macrumors 68040

ValSalva

Exactly. Until I see a Jim Dalrymple "Yep" about this I'm not going to believe it. October is much more likely.

7. macrumors 68020

It wouldn't be that unusual to reveal the new iPads but hold off until the fall for their release.
    Kinda like they did with the Mac Pro.

8. macrumors 6502a

MVallee

iPhones and iPads on the same day? My credit card will be hurting if that's true.

9. macrumors regular

ironsienna

Holy cow! new iPads on September! Now this is news!!

I wish I also knew if they are going to introduce new iPhones too!!

10. macrumors 6502

Strong indication that the iPhone 5S will be a very very very minor upgrade.

11. macrumors G5

Rogifan

Seems to me it makes more sense to split these in to separate events. Unless Apple is planning some big event for new Macs.

12. macrumors 68040

boshii

If Apple is as smart as we all know they are, there will be 2 events.

13. macrumors newbie

carbonrain

The new iPhones are great and all, but iOS 7 beta doesn't play nice on the once-resolutionary iPad 3rd gen.

Bring on the new iPads!

14. macrumors 65816

Four oF NINE

If iPad Mini with retina display plus iPhone 5S will both be launched the same day things will be very busy at the Apple online store.

15. macrumors 68000

BillyBobBongo

Good good, it's about time I retired my first generation iPad! :D

16. Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

If so, I may purchase one and use it for reading books. and being extra portable when I don't feel like bringing along the full-sized iPad.

17. macrumors regular

ironsienna

Now that I am thinking about it... I highly doubt it... We should have seen the prototypes of the new full size iPad design already 10 times a day from those chinese blogs...

18. macrumors 65816

So we should see
    Flagship iPhone 5S
    New iPhone 5C
    Flagship redesigned iPad 5
    New iPad mini w/ retina
    and iOS 7

All at the same event?

Seems a bit much if I'm honest.

Unless they're planning to do a completely unique OSX/Mac event a bit later on I would have thought iPhones + MacBooks at one event and then iPads + iMac/Mac Pro's/OSX at the next event.

19. macrumors regular

ironsienna

And you are definitely aim from single nerds to up-rate your post... :p

20. macrumors 6502

They always take out a few different products at the same event so it's a good possibility they will take out another ipad.;)

21. macrumors member

rudychidiac

September 10th's event is mainly about iPhone...

22. macrumors demi-god

/dev/toaster

We have seen many cases though, which could mean they are at the end of the development cycle and production will start on them now. With a release of a few months from now (Oct like others were suggesting)

23. macrumors 6502

g0odfr1end102

Jim Dalrymple, we are in need of your holiness

24. macrumors 68030

CmdrLaForge

Maybe they just show them but you can't order for another month?

25. macrumors 65816

JaySoul

Chances slimmer than the new iPad Mini.