Apple's top 30 products

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by macEfan, Apr 5, 2006.

1. macEfan macrumors 65816

macEfan

Forbidden, you do not have access to that server
    here is an article that tells what MacWorld thinks apple's top 30 products are. Check back daily, because the list is still expanding( only some get revealed every day)

http://www.macworld.com/2006/04/features/30applelist/index.php

Do you agree with the article? Do you think something is in the wrong place?

2. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I wonder if the powerbook 100 should be that low - some say it is the GOAT. Me? I think it sould be somewhere in the middle.

My only issue is the decals. I hadn't thought of them as a "product," but if you do, they should be ranked higher. I think they are partly responsible for their remaining in the public eye through the thick and thin. No way anyone thinks of Apple during and just after the non-Jobs era, but for that Apple logo everywhere....

3. macpastor macrumors regular

macpastor

iPod

I wonder if the iPod should't rank higher. It has, in my opinion, brought Apple into the view of the mainstream. Yes, other products that Apple has done may have more impact on computing, but the iPod showed everyone how good Apple really is.

4. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Ummm....they haven't unveiled their top ranked items. I think the original or the 3G will make the top 2. The 5G is innovative in heralding in TV to go on a more mass basis, but that is it. I could see the 1G making the list because of what it represents, I could see the 3G because that was when it went from just another special toy for Mac users (even though there were Windows versions) to iTunes and iPods for everyone

5. macpastor macrumors regular

macpastor

Any bets on the number one spot??? Lay it out here, and lets see who is right!:D

Me... I say the original Apple computer...

6. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

7. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

8. macEfan thread starter macrumors 65816

macEfan

maybe apple II ...or Mac 128k... those got mac and apple started.

9. ebow macrumors 6502a

ebow

I'm gonna say the iMac G3 takes the top spot. It's the first i-thing, never mind the first iMac. It inspired numerous PC wannabes as well as the iGeorge and countless other translucent colored products. It pioneered Apple's wholesale adoption of USB (and set an unfortunate precedent in number of USB ports)...

OS X (maybe 10.2?) will be close behind.

10. calculus Guest

calculus

11. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

What! No iMac G4 in the top 30? With the arm, the height adjustment, the looks and the.... sigh nevermind :eek:

12. TheMasin9 macrumors 6502a

TheMasin9

bogus

i think this list is pretty bogus. There should definately be some different products in the top 10, and on the list altogether....

13. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

14. macEfan thread starter macrumors 65816

macEfan

so do I... but It seems like the ipod is becoming a newton... now all they need to do is add a touch screen, and it will be good to go...