AppleScript and Compressor

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by Bobster16, Jun 15, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Jun 15, 2011
    Hi, I'm not too familiar with AppleScript (but i do have some programming experience), and I was wondering if anybody out there could help me with getting a workflow down with Compressor.

This is what I want to happen:
    I want to be able to export an mp4 video to a specific folder, an AppleScript, acting as a Folder Action, will be watching that folder and will send that video to a Compressor droplet converting it to an mov video file. Once Compressor is done, I want it to launch an AppleScript that will move (copy first, then delete) the mov to another folder and delete the mp4 file.

I know this is possible, but I also want to make sure that it doesn't get in an endless repeat cycle. Maybe run the first AppleScript at a certain time each day so that it doesn't detect the video that Compressor pushes out?

Any help would be awesome!
  2. macrumors 65816

Dec 16, 2010

Why not just have the mov outputted to a separate folder, if not straight to the final destination folder?
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 15, 2011
    It doesn't let you set a different destination when you create a custom setting and a Droplet. The options are the Desktop, the Source folder, or the user's Movies folder.