Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
Hi

Does anybody know when AppleScript Studio will be released (http://www.apple.com/applescript/macosx/ascript_studio/)?

I really need some kind of AppleScript visual program builder for OSX.

Thanks,
Guy

Xapplimatic

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2001
California
Apple Script Studio... where is it?

I thought that Steve Jobs said during his last stage performance at a show that it would be out in November... but November is past... ?

Disdain

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2001
Australia
(Available later this year)

Heh looks damn cool I want it already, will it be free like Apple Script or are they going to try and make a buck or two off it?

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
Free

Hi

I think version 1 will be free to get more people to make tonnes of programs for OSX. and as it progresses it will get a small price tag for a pro version.

We will see soon!

Also, do you think it will save carbon apps?

Guy

dantec

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2001
California
When I browsed the site a couple mouths ago... I swear it said coming in November...

I checked it yesterday and it said "Available later this year"

Oh well, we shall see ;)

oldMac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2001
AppleScript Studio & 10.1.2 out next week

Today's Apple developer list says it's coming next week (week of December 10).

Also, the AppleScript Studio docs just posted say it requires OS 10.1.2. So we expect that shortly.

Ctenactis

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2001
OS 9 compatible

AppleScript Studio loks like it will be a great new product I only hope that it comes bundled with the latest software.

Has anyone heard if there is likely to be a backwardly compatible OS 9.x version?

oldMac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2001
sorry, ASS not OS 9 compatible...

It's highly unlikely that there will be an OS 9 compatible version of AppleScript Studio (ASS).

The reason is that ASS is actually an extension to Apple's ProjectBuilder which is the native IDE for Mac OS X. Basically you're building AppleScript apps with the same developer tools used to build every Cocoa application.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.