Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clabelle10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
Hey guys - I'm not that great at applescript and I was wondering if someone could help me out, don't think this will be too hard of a program....

I have an inventory of items sent to my email daily, and all of them are sku numbers that are of the products that are out of stock. Its becoming painstaking to go through all these sku numbers everyday, so i am wondering:

Is there a way to have all my sku numbers of the products i sell in a list in a Applescript code that i can add to, and have that code automatically notify me which products are out of stock. I've tried messing around with Mail's Rules, but seems they will only high light that WHOLE message, and won't tell me which sku set off the marking of that message.

What'd be amazing is if it could match the sku numbers I put on a list with those that were emailed from a certain email address, and then output them to a TextEdit and have em open???

Thanks guys.

numero

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2002
OR
An example of the incoming e-mail message would help.

Sounds doable, but it would be easier to give you an answer if I can see sample data.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.