applestore receipts

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Captincork, May 11, 2003.

1. Captincork macrumors newbie

I am not really sure where to post this so i put it here. Ok, i bought an iPod a few months ago at my local applestore. Not thinking about it i didn't file my receipt and am now thinking of echanging it because of an annoying discoloration on the screen, and because of the new iPods. I also paid in cash so i am up a creek if they decide to give me a hard time about it. I remembered that i had them regester it at the store while i was purchasing it, is there a way that i can get a record of the purchase from that? or do you not think that apple will give me a hard time.

2. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

they usually keep all purchases on record, its something apple always does, so they can send you offers for applecare when the time comes. if your ipod is flawed you shouldnt have a hard time taking care of it.

iJon

3. Captincork thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks, do you recomend calling them or just bringing it back to the store?

4. bombensington macrumors regular

no. they only keep receipts for a few days in the system. it's something like 3 days, i think. also, you have to know the date, time, etc of when you got it.

if there's something wrong with it, you can certainly get it fixed without the receipt, just head on over to the genius bar. that information is stored when you registered it.

but as far as exchanging...you are way past the limit for that receipt or not so they won't take it back.