AppleTV and Smooth Streaming

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Smileyboy, Sep 25, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502a

Smileyboy

I have a Dlink DIR-615, I have a PS3 and a Wii both connected via wifi all in the same room. I have a Macbook Pro that uses the wifi at times. But I notice that the Appletv stutters quite a bit when streaming from hulu. Is this a Hulu problem or a router problem? thanks..

2. macrumors regular

BORIStheBLADE

If the Atv is running off wireless I would hardwire to the network to single that out first.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Smileyboy

Yep it is hard wired. I have been thinking of getting the Airport Extreme base station. Is there any noticeable difference in speed?

4. macrumors 65816

munkees

I run 3 :apple:TV's of an airport express 801.n network, don't have problems. My iTunes Server (iMac running iTunes) is gigabit connected to a gigabit switch which the airport extreme express is wired too.

5. macrumors 6502a

sanPietro98

It could be the stream between you and Hulu. Streaming inside your house is in a very controlled environment. But Hulu streams come from the internet and are subjected to more packet delays and stream interruptions.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Smileyboy

Ok, Thanks. I think I will look for a Airport Extreme Base Station. Good to know about the 3 Apple TVs.