AppleTV Should have an ipod dock

Discussion in 'iPod' started by DanielJen, Jan 11, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

In the keynote Steve demo'd the scenario where your friend brings along his notebook to your house and you can stream video from him. It is MUCH more common for your friend to bring along his ipod video rather than his laptop. If he could just connect his ipod to the AppleTV like the iPod Hi-Fi it would be much more practical.

2. macrumors 6502a

i so agree with this....a dock port would make apple tv even better.
    instead of the guy bringing his ipod over he has to bring his whole computer to share....what a pain.

Here's to hoping for a dock port for the future apple tv.

3. macrumors 6502

amiga

there is USB :)

4. macrumors 68020

R.Youden

That is for firmware updates aparently. Yeah right! The Airport base stations update via wireless so why not the "Apple" TV

5. macrumors 65816

macEfan

Forbidden, you do not have access to that server
    yeah, I bet the USB port is something else.... I hope, really hope that the USB port is for connecting an ipod dock or external hard drive... that would be awesome!

6. macrumors 6502a

I think you are missing the fact that Apple TV is from the generation of products apple has started releaseing, forinstance the iPhone has Wi-Fi, so will probably stream to the ATV, chances are the next release of iPods (if they arent completely replaced by iPhone) will most likely have Wi-Fi. does that not make more sense? this way people have to buy new products from apple, rather than making the ATV backward compatible to theold iPods...

7. macrumors regular

I guess maybe a dock would look a bit stupid if you didn't have an iPod.

8. macrumors 68000

aren't there multiple dock connections that would need to be accounted for?