Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
What I miss from my MacMini setup was the ability to only use the Apple remote for all operations of my tv, including volume.

Now I have to keep the tv remote around for one function: adjusting volume.

Can anybody suggest a universal remote with the simplicity of Apple's remote but that could be programmed to control the TV's volume?

imlucid

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2007
Can anybody suggest a universal remote with the simplicity of Apple's remote but that could be programmed to control the TV's volume?

I have been looking for that for the last two years and have been unsuccessful. I want basically a remote that is as small and simple as ATV but that can learn or be programmed to change volume on my stereo/TV as well as turn it on and off.

I'd certainly pay $$$ for that!

Kevin

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
I have been looking for that for the last two years and have been unsuccessful. I want basically a remote that is as small and simple as ATV but that can learn or be programmed to change volume on my stereo/TV as well as turn it on and off.

I'd certainly pay $$$ for that!

Kevin

iToddler

Duffinator

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2007
130 miles NE of Cupertino
Good luck. I use my Home Theater Master MX500 and it works great. But much more complicated than the Apple remote. One weird thing is when browsing U-Tube the remote is very hit and miss. Works fine with all other functions. :confused:

ipedro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Found one!

29528.jpg
SRU7140_10_ap1_370.jpg

This baby has a learning capability so you just point the Apple remote at it and it will learn how to do the same functions.

It's nice and compact and the numerical buttons slide away like a cell phone. It will allow you to control your TV, your AppleTV, your Blu-Ray (or DVD), and your sound system.

It has a volume button that can be set to one device so you don't have to change remote control modes just to change the volume.

Product Page Link

It sells for 40 Euros in most places online. I think this is what I'll get!

imlucid

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2007
Good luck. I use my Home Theater Master MX500 and it works great. But much more complicated than the Apple remote. One weird thing is when browsing U-Tube the remote is very hit and miss. Works fine with all other functions. :confused:

I've got two MX-500's. It was my favorite remote for many year until I got simplification religion. Now my favorite is far and away the Apple remote.

I'll check ipedro's suggestion though.

Kevin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.