Appleworks 6 recent items

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Rantipole, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Rantipole macrumors 6502

Rantipole

I have AW6, and have noticed that the "recently opened items" screen just keeps adding every file I open into it. There doesn't seem to be a cut off date or quantity. Even some files I deleted months ago still are represented!

I've looked in Preferences and could not find a place to change this setting. Does anyone know if there is a way to set the limit of recent items in that starting points screen? :confused:

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Open AppleWorks > Preferences. Locate the Topic: pop-up menu at the top of the dialog box. Select Files from the pop-up menu. Locate the Recent Items: checkbox near the bottom of the dialog box. You should be able to take it from here.

3. Rantipole thread starter macrumors 6502

Rantipole

Ah, yes, that is for the recent items in the "File" menu.

However, I am speaking of the "Recent Items" tab in the "Starting Points" screen. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

4. Rantipole thread starter macrumors 6502

Rantipole

I have found I can delete individual items, on a one-by-one basis, from the "Recent Items" tab in the "Starting Points" screen. It is a CTRL-Click function.

However, get this. There is a limit to how many I can delete! I was CTRL-Clicking away, scrolling and selecting "Delete Starting Point" or whatever. Then, after a few times, I was no longer given the delete option! Also weird: a few items refused to be deleted.

Anyway, one shouldn't have to go throught their entire list and delete one by one anyway. Surely, there must be a preference screen for this somewhere?!?! :confused: (And don't call me Shirley)

5. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

~/documents/appleworks user data/ starting points/recent items

There you can delete them and the next time the launch will be a bit faster.

Hope it helps.

6. Rantipole thread starter macrumors 6502

Rantipole

Oh, good idea, AmigoMac. Thanks! :D

Still, there should be a pref screen. :mad: