Appleworks and Tiger

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CubaTBird, May 2, 2005.

1. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

Anybody here try to see if Appleworks works out with Tiger alright? I have created a ton of docs in apple works since I got my ibook, and saved em in the cwk format... so if anyone can give me the heads up if its okay to install it under tiger.. another thing.. its on my ibook restore disk... so how do i go about installing just appleworks if it "works" with tiger? :confused:

2. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

I was running AppleWorks since the developer seeds, and everything works just fine.

3. jsalzer macrumors 6502a

jsalzer

So far so good

Whelp - in the two days I've been using Tiger, good old AppleWorks seems to be working just fine. I haven't seen any issues yet. (Thank the Apple gods).

As for reinstalling it, you should be able to just make a copy of the app in Finder before ditching Panther (I'm assuming you're talking about a clean install of Tiger). Then copy it right back over. I'm pretty sure it's still self-contained like it's always been.

Come on, Steve. AppleWorks 7! Or even 6.3. :)

4. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

Yeah, even a small update would be fine. I still love AppleWorks.

5. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

well.. i did a clean install already :p so how do i get appleworks from my restore disk without installing other programs?

6. jsalzer macrumors 6502a

jsalzer

No Finder-Readable Backups?

You don't have *any* finder-readable backups?

You have more faith than I. ;)

Not sure how to get it off of an restore disk. Someone else will have to take that one.

7. Eastend macrumors 6502

Go to Macupdate or Version Tracker and get Pacifist it can extract the package off the DVD or CD sometimes.

Brian