Appleworks Missing?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jzieske, Aug 2, 2003.

1. jzieske macrumors regular

Ok just powered up my new 15" TiBook and can't find appleworks. Did apple stop including it? My iMac that I got about a year ago came with it, Am I just not seeing it?

2. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

my powermac didn't come with appleworks. i thought apple decided not to include appleworks with "pro" line machines.

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Consumer machines get Appleworks and some games while the "Pro" line got an Office demo and business type stuff.

But Appleworks isn't too expensive and under $100.

4. jzieske thread starter macrumors regular

5. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Instead of Including AW, they give you Office X. Why? AW is a better program, and at only $59 Its a great Value.

TEG

6. jzieske thread starter macrumors regular

If they GAVE you Office X I would not mind but they give you a stinking 30 Day Trial. If it was a full version I would not mind but come on. It might cost Apple $1 to install AW. Oh well to the Apple store we go.

7. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Isn't there some way to transfer the Appleworks application from your iMac to your new PowerBook? Unless it's AW for OS 9, of course.

There's always the alternatives. Thinkfree, OpenOffice.org, etc. Look around, I here they're pretty good. Office is okay, but it's expensive, and not so stable sometimes.

8. jzieske thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I decided to just transfer AW from iMac to the PB since it will be my main computer. I don't think Apple will mind. (Note I said transfer not copied)