Appleworks only printing one page / mail merge issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by huplescat, Dec 12, 2004.

1. huplescat macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I'm writing on behalf of a customer who is having trouble printing with AppleWorks, in particular Claris Works.

She's using version 6.2.9 of AppleWorks and every time she tries to print a multiple page document only one page is printed. If she prints each page seperately then the whole document can be printed.

She started off using an HP Officejet 7140, now is using an Officejet 7410. Both had the latest HP drivers. The printer is installed over a network.

This is only a problem with AppleWorks, all other applications are fine.
    The problem is also occuring on more that one Mac.

I've tried taking her through a couple of suggestions found on this forum.
    One was to check the "collate" box, but she couldn't find it. The other was to change "Copies and Pages" to AppleWorks 6 but that did not help.

Another issue is that when she tries to use mail merging all that's printed is blank pages.

She's using OS 10.3.3

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :D
    Thanks,
    Heather Dixon

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You need to do a better job of explaining the problem. AppleWorks is the new name for ClarisWorks, not a variation of ClarisWorks. Check to make sure that the All checkbox is selected for Pages in the Print... dialog box.

3. huplescat thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestion- I'll give it a go.

Apologies for the poor description, I am but an ignorant PC user :)

Any ideas on the mail merge issue? All I've been told is that it print blank pages.

Cheers,
    Heather

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

I just tested the mail merge feature in AppleWorks 6.2.9. Even though I had never done mail merge in AppleWorks before, the task was simple and straightforward. Everything worked exactly as it was supposed to. None of my pages printed blank.

You need to create and save your database using the database module in AppleWorks. You should then create a new document to be uses as your mail merge template. Select File > Mail Merge.... Open your database file from the File/Open dialog box. As you create your template, use the Mail Merge dialog box to select and insert your desired database fields into the appropriate locations in your template. When your edits are complete, press the Merge... button. You may print your merged documents immediately or save them for later.