AppleWorks Trouble!!! Need assistance please.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Harry K., Oct 17, 2004.

1. Harry K. macrumors member

First of all, AppleWorks saves all of the "user data" into my documents folder. Something I don't want it to do. How can I get rid of that? Documents is for MY documents. It needs to save that junk to the Library.
    Second, all of the AppleWorks documents I have made won't let me keep an icon on them like a folder. I can put an icon on them but the next time I make changes and save it again, the icon dissappears! What can I do about that?

2. Billicus macrumors 6502a

Billicus

First of all, Appleworks just likes to save it's User Infomation there... Is that a good place for it to save stuff? It doesn't really bother me, because I rarely use the documents forder anyway. Is it really that big of a deal if AppleWorks puts one folder in there? :confused: About the icon saving, I would assume that it is part of Applework's code to save documents with a certain icon. For this reason, each time you save a document, the default icon is overwritten again. If it essential for you to change the icon of the document, might I suggest that you make an alias & change the icon of that file? :cool:

3. Harry K. thread starter macrumors member

Hmm. Good idea. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to technology organization and I just might try that.