Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by KittenKrusher, Sep 4, 2005.

1. KittenKrusher macrumors regular

Jul 24, 2005
    I am getting a PowerBook soon and had a question about AppleWorks. I will be needing to do some spreadsheets with graphs and was wondering if AppleWorks does this. I was reading the product info on Apple's site and it does say Spreadsheets but does it do graphs with them as well? Will I just be better off getting MS Office for my Mac? Or if you guys can recommend any other spreadsheet apps.

- Wes
  2. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Jul 16, 2002
    No graphing in AppleWorks, but I believe a number of applications other than Excel will do it.
  3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Since AppleWorks doesn't come with the PowerBooks (I think), and since AppleWorks isn't the best program in the World, you're better off with MS Office. Excel is, probably, the best spreadsheet program out there.

If even the Student & Teachers edition at $99 is too expensive (or you don't qualify, and cannot get it rebated) look into NeoOfficeJ, a free Java based OpenOffice port for OS X, it's ugly but you cannot beat the price... ;)