Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skunk

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 29, 2002
Republic of Ukistan
My wife asked me the other day why she couldn't open a Word document on her iBook. I checked, and found that the entire Office suite had disappeared from her apps folder. Not a trace. Spotlight couldn't find anything Word-related at all. She swears she didn't move anything, and frankly, she wouldn't know how to delete an app anyway, as I haven't told her that bit.

Nothing else has changed. Has anyone else had such randomness occur?

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
One inadvertent cmd-delete at the wrong time could do that. I know I've done it before.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Just in case, it may be a good time to verify that disk to make sure there aren't any bigger problems lurking.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Hopefully it's randomness. You can lose data through failing hardware or lack of free space on the boot up drive, but I know you're far too intelligent to keep anything less than 8GB free and failing hardware will give you more symptoms than just the single Office loss.

It's most likely a user-oopsie-doo, but verify your hard disk just because it's so fun.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.