Application Idea (post your own ideas here as well)

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by bndoarn, Mar 17, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502a

i'm not a developer but i have an idea for an application to use with the new peer to peer feature in the new SDK so if you're a developer and are wondering what app to create next, please read. i was thinking about a chatting app where you can chat to people on a peer to peer network. i know some of you are probably thinking why would you need this because you would be close to the other person you are chatting with but what if you're on a bus and the other person is near the front and you are near the back. or what if you wanted to have a private conversation with someone else in the room. i would actually pay for an app like this (although probably not much more than $1.99). please reply to this post with your comments and/or some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism good or bad and/or some application ideas of your own.

2. macrumors 68000

There is an app that does this already, but only with WiFi right now. I can't think of the name off the top of my head, but the icon is black with two orange lower case i's.

Edit: iCloseBy WiFi. I wouldn't be surprised if they make it so it works on P2P for 3.0

3. macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I'd love that! A lot of my friends in my classes have iPhones and there is no reception in the school. It'd be great if we could text over a local peer<>peer network.

4. macrumors newbie

app idea

I have an excellent Idea for an App that I need someone to create:

It is a nightmare to use the play-station control-pad to type messages etc on the play-station - I myself usually plug my keyboard in when typing on the ps3. But what about people that don't have a spare keyboard? Well how about an app that allows you to use the iphone as a wireless bluetooth keyboard for the ps3??? I have heard that the next version of the iphone software - version 3.0 actually supports bluetooth- So who is going to write this ace app in time for the latest software release. I need it so bad..

5. macrumors G3

NT1440

How far can bluetooth broadcast?

Sounds like a test cheaters dream!

6. macrumors newbie

sorry I am dumb but what do you mean test cheater?

7. macrumors G3

NT1440

Someone who cheats on a test, wierd phrasing i know, but i didnt want it to be confused with someone who cheats on a girlfriend or anything.

8. macrumors newbie

okay...do u think there is any possibility of some1 ever producing an app like this then?

9. macrumors 6502

DavieBoy

bndoarn - good idea, I am not a developer either but I have some new ideas. Why don't you change the title of the post something like "post your new app ideas here" and we could all have a place to throw out ideas. (I know this has been done before but it is time for a new one)

My idea is to have an app that allows your mac to act as your wireless speaker phone. Maybe with a caller ID app/widget on your desktop. I would pay top dollar for that and I already have the iHome bluetooth speaker phone.

PS. I know that other phones have capabilities to interact with os x. I saw a demo of I think a moto razor that displayed the caller ID across the desktop...

10. macrumors G3

NT1440

Of course, it was the first thing I personally thought of. If two people can dream it up, you KNOW millions of others can.

11. macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

these apps are a definite possibility. another possibility would be for the iPhone itself to create an ad-hoc network (like a macbook can do... easily with 1 click) and have all your buds connect to it. you could probably figure that out with apps that are on the market now. like iCloseby - just setup a mac in the room and have everyone connect to it.

i would have LOVED to have something like that back when i was in school

12. macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

It depends.

It depends on a lot of things, but the average is around 30ft.

13. macrumors G3

NT1440

Definatly feasible then.

14. thread starter macrumors 6502a

yea i see what you mean. i mainly want it so i can talk to people at school (while we're not testing) and talking to people i'm not sitting close by on the bus on field trips and stuff. i have pay-as-you-go so text messaging is $0.20 a message so i don't text at all except with aim but i don't have WiFi at school. i know the app i described would only work with other people who have iPhones and 2G iPod Touches but it's better than nothing.

thanks for the feedback.

@DavieBoy: i edited the title

15. macrumors newbie

oh...really? u already thought of the ps3 wireless keyboard?

16. macrumors newbie

new Idea:London Mini Cabz

how about a new app- this one the phone figures your gps co-ordinate and works out where the nearest mini cabs are - useful for if ure out on the piss trying to get home. U could call the local councils get a list of all the mini cabs in the area.

Just a lot of data that needs to be added is the only problem,

17. macrumors newbie

new idea:smoothie app

an app that shows you lots of smoothie recipes etc.. health is always on the agenda.

18. macrumors 6502

DavieBoy

Yea I can not believe that this does not already exist Good idea.

As for using the iPhone for cheating. In college I was a "professional" cheater. Even wrote my final research paper on college cheating. I used all kinds of methods. The iPhone came out right after I graduated but for the people who I cheated with and were still in school it was a whole new level of cheating.

"I cheating on this exam, my taxes and my girlfriend today" - My brother to the spanish final exam proctor.

"If you don't cheat, then you are cheating yourself" - Me to everyone...

19. macrumors 604

anjinha

OMG! I know lots of great smoothie recipes. Gotta learn how to develop for the iPhone, QUICK! :D

20. macrumors G3

NT1440

Well, ive thought of the xbox one. yea.

21. macrumors 6502

I thought of that one months ago. Plus allowing the phone to behave as a blue tooth remote for movies on the PS3. You honestly thought you're the only person to have considered this? :confused:

22. macrumors 6502a

What? No, you stole my idea :D Ha Ha!