Application idea

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Machead III, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Machead III macrumors 6502

Machead III

So I've had a rather convaluted, but I think, pretty good idea for an application, perhaps tied in with a new or pre-existing website.

The idea is this: an application that helps you organise and develop political ideas, providing you with content pulled from various online sources (wikipedia for eg.) and relevant contact details etc., with online social functions such as the ability to publish fleshed out ideas as treatise to blogs or share/debate your ideas with other people and be able to explore theirs.

So you have an iTunes like set-up where the playlists are "Issues". There could be a bunch of pre-made Issues based around the basic Department or Minister layout of your government, eg. Transport, Environment etc., and the ability to add more.

When one clicks on an Issue you could be presented with two tiles: one for your content, another for online content. You could drag news article, links, contacts, images, audio, wiki articles etc. into your tile, make notes and annotate them.

Words could be selected and right clicked to provide a link to their online definition and a resource like wikipedia could be sourced in order to allow people to quickly look deeper into subjects they might see on the news etc.

Another pane or tile could then be used to develop Treatise; fleshed out version of your ideas that can be published directly to a blog or shared with others.

Buttons at the top could take you to pages allowing you to overlook your published Treatise, browse the community and display an address book (perhaps this could be directly synced with Address Book) showing contact details for political parties, politicans, NGO etc. can be viewed and to which contacts you find while researching can be saved.

So whadya think?

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Sounds promising. Probably not a very broad market sector thought.

3. Machead III thread starter macrumors 6502

Machead III

No but the idea would be, like blogs, to create a new hobby/amateur proffession where there wasn't one before.

Obviously being politically active is important, but advanced technology really hasn't been used to any great effect in changing how we behave politically, which is a real shame because the possibilities are immense.

4. kahos macrumors member

I think thats a great idea, definitely has a lot of potential!

5. Machead III thread starter macrumors 6502

Machead III

It's a shame I can't code for s*** ^^

I'll probably bounce this off a few community developers. I'm not bothered about getting my name on it or anythiung, I'd just like to see something like this made, I think it would be an important step towards using technology to empower of political selves.