Application launcher that works on idle?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iW00t, Jan 11, 2007.

1. iW00t macrumors 68040

Nov 7, 2006
    Defenders of Apple Guild
    I found this nifty app that supposedly fixes LCD screen burn in, since it is quite a problem for my desktop monitor I'm going to try and run it as a screensaver.

However it is an application, so I was wondering if anyone knows about an app that will launch applications when your system is idle, effectively making JScreenFix into a screensaver?
  2. After G macrumors 68000

After G

Aug 27, 2003
    Make a video screensaver in Quartz Composer :D

1) Get the jscreenfix video from this page. I got the large one for computer. (720x576 PAL)

2) Download and open this View attachment file in Quartz Composer. Alternatively, you could make a Quartz composer file with the billboard element shown in the screenshot.

3) Drag the video into the screen and connect as in the screenshot. I guess delete the reference that's already in there as I made it to test.

4) Save and copy the Quartz Composer file to ~/Library/Screensavers

Enjoy. Click on the Width button and change to a different number in Quartz Composer if the video does not fit your screen right. I set it to 2 for a 1280x960 display. Your figures may vary. Sorry it doesn't quite equal running the Java app as a screensaver, but it should work okay.

Attached Files:

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Just quickly, LCD burn in is only ever temporary at worst. :)