Application Switcher OS X

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by diall, Jun 29, 2003.

1. diall macrumors newbie

I was wondering if anyone has come across a way of disabling the 'application switcher' hot keys in OS X. I use Adobe packages every day and am used to toggling tools by pressing cmd + TAB. As you well know this toggles open applications.

If anyone can tell me either way - ("yes it can be done, but I have know idea how" or "no, it is not possible" or "easy mate just run this apple script" I would really appreciate it

DIALL

2. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

I don't know if this works, and I don't know if this is in any other Adobe app, but in Photoshop, in Preferences>General, there is an option that says 'Use Shift for Tool Switch'... try deselecting this and then use apple-tab to see if it works.

irmongoose

3. Unclej78 macrumors member

Anyone find out how too! I use Quark and the APPLE TAB keystrokes all the time. I'm new to OSX. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

4. simX macrumors 6502a

simX

See this link: http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20031001155049966

That should do what you want in Mac OS X OR Mac OS 9.

I'm just curious, though... were you guys used to using Mac OS 9? Because if you didn't know the obscure solution in Mac OS 9, Command-Tab would hijack the same commands under Mac OS 9 as it would in Mac OS X, so it's not a Mac OS X-specific problem.

5. Unclej78 macrumors member

Yes, used to OS9, I knew how to turn if of in OS9, didn't event think about it working in OSX. Thanks, will give it shot.