Application to make forms

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by drbrog, Jun 5, 2006.

1. drbrog macrumors member

I am looking for an application that will easily let me create forms that I can print out. I would need a form with columns for product ID, description and price. I need to be able to easily update the form by changing or deleting information in any of the categories. I thought a database or spreadsheet might work but I don't know how to format the form with these applications.

Can anyone suggest an application that may be helpful?
    Thanks.
    Jay

2. jdechko macrumors 68040

Yeah, a database application would probably work out best. I don't know if there's a trial for FileMaker, but you might want to check it out. Play around with it and see if it's what you need. A spreadsheet would also work, but with a much more limited set of functionality. So look for a db program first.

3. matticus008 macrumors 68040

matticus008

Excel can make the forms, but it's not clear whether you just need the forms to fill in (either by hand or electronically) or if you need the forms to be filled automatically. If you want an information database to create the form, the easiest and cheapest method would be some sort of free open source MySQL/PHP setup that will produce PDF forms. If you don't have any experience doing this, any method will require some learning. Also, are you interested in doing this for free or are you willing to spend money on an application?

When I read the thread title, for some reason I thought you meant application as a form itself, like a job application.

4. drbrog thread starter macrumors member

I don't mind spending money on the program or application but I don't have a lot of time or experience learning how to use it effectively. I'm looking to print out a form, not use it electronically or to collect data.
    Thanks for your input.
    Jay

5. timswim78 macrumors 6502a

timswim78

Word and Excel have lots of templates for different forms that you may use in the workplace. If you have MS Office installed, some of these templates are on your computer and additional ones can be downloaded from MS's Web site.