Applications crashing after Migration...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Boseph, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Boseph macrumors newbie

I just migrated all my stuff from my old G4 to my new G5. Everything seemed to go smoothly, but now on the G5 when I try to open applications like Azureus, Toast Titanium, Microsoft Office and a couple others...they just "unexpectedly" quit. Why? What can I do about this...other than, that is reinstalling everything (which I would like to avoid having to do).

Thanks!

2. Boseph thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay...this just got weirder. I tried to reinstall Azureus. I went to the website to download it, and everytime I hit "save" my web browser crashes. And ONLY when trying to download Azureus...! If I go to a different website and download something else entirely, it's perfectly fine.

Someone please help me out here!

3. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

4. Boseph thread starter macrumors newbie

5. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

I would delete every app you migrated over and install them fresh. Make sure you delete them FIRST...then install them. Don't just try to reinstall them overtop of the old one.

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, Migration Assistant is dodgy at best. Try to avoid the temptation of using it for apps and just stick to the basics - documents, music, photos, videos and other simple files. :)