Applications not in Home folder

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ipaqowner, Sep 23, 2006.

1. ipaqowner macrumors member

Somehow my Applications folder is not showing in my Home folder on my Macbook Pro and I don't know how to get it back...where can I find it and drag it back into my folder?
    I don't know how it happened...I'm a newbie on macs.

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

It should still be a folder in your hard disk (Macintosh HD, or whatever you named it). You can drag it back into the lower left Finder panel. (It shouldn't be inside your home folder unless you made a separate, personal apps folder in there.)

3. ipaqowner thread starter macrumors member

Sorry, I'm new to macs and OS X...what I meant was it doesn't show up in the sidebar of the finder...I'm sure it was under my user name folder of the sidebar?

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Simply find it just under Macintosh HD and drag it over to the sidebar in the Finder window.

5. superleccy macrumors 6502a

superleccy

The sidebar does not give a heirarchical view of folders like MS Windows Explorer did. The top bit is a list of all your mounted disks & networks (Macintosh HD, CDs/DVDs, Digital Camera memory etc), and the bottom bit is just a list of shortcuts. You can drag anything you like in & out of there and change the order at random. Try it!

This may seem a bit illogical for about 1 day if you're used to Windows Explorer's "tree view". Don't worry... you might not grow to love Finder, but you'll certainly get used to it pretty quickly.

HTH
    SL

6. ipaqowner thread starter macrumors member

Thanks...done.