Applications not saving password to keychain

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JW8725, Jul 23, 2005.

1. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

Hello i've noticed my applications e.g. Skype, Adium are no longer saving passwords even though I've checked the save to keychain option. I've repaired permissions and it still continues??? Any ideas?? :confused:

2. JW8725 thread starter macrumors 6502a

surely some wise owl can help me out here?? Its annoying having to re-enter every password over and over again! :(

3. cardiac dave macrumors regular

cardiac dave

Is there something funky going on? I have the same issue - though it was on a brand new iMac this past Thursday night (4 days ago). Mail is not remembering my POP3 passwords.

I'm not having any issues with passwords in Safari.... MSN Messenger will not run if I enter the password and then check the check-box... I need to enter a password every time.

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Have you tried verifying and repairing the Keychain, and the rest of the possibel fixes Apple suggest?

5. cardiac dave macrumors regular

cardiac dave

Yessir, and there were no problems found using keychain first aid.

6. JW8725 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hello.

I fixed my problem by going to keychain and importing an old one. Though the certificates keychain was there the password keychain was missing somehow and thats where my problem was. I hope this works for you!

7. cardiac dave macrumors regular

cardiac dave

err... there's a problem. new computer, old one has been cleaned up (reformatted)

I have the iBooks HD cloned to an external though. Where would I go about looking for this old cert. keychain to import?

8. baummer macrumors 6502a

Have you tried manually adding the login information directly from Keychain?

9. cardiac dave macrumors regular

cardiac dave

As in editing the keychain? not sure how to do that. Will keep plugging along. It's not keeping me from my emails.. just a minor irritant. Haven't had the spare time at home to put towards working on it.

I'm pitiful.. brand new computer a week ago and I've only had the time to use it for around an hour.

10. baummer macrumors 6502a

Try these: http://search.info.apple.com/?search=Go&lr=lang_en&kword=kmosx4&q=keychain

11. cardiac dave macrumors regular

cardiac dave

12. cardiac dave macrumors regular

cardiac dave

13. CBGFilms macrumors regular

Gah this is getting really annoying now.

1. No Mail passwords are being saved to the keychain.
    2. Now, when I enter the password for each of my mail accounts and check the remember box it doesn't work and I cannot check mail, BUT if I do NOT check the remember box it checks mail fine.