Applications that can Video Conference w/ Intel Mac isight

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dj420118, Jul 10, 2006.

1. dj420118 macrumors regular

I was wondering what applications, besides iChat, can successfully video chat with the new macs with built in isight cameras. I use Adium out of convenience but i dont know if it can video conference.

Thanks,

Danny

2. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

The new Yahoo Messenger Beta works with the built-in iSight. Skype will have video support in the Mac version coming out soon.

3. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Yahoo Messenger works great. you can try out aMSN or Mercury as well though i dislike this two programs personally....

4. Virtualball macrumors 6502

Does the Yahoo Messenger work with iSight in Windows? Or is it a Mac beta?

5. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

I'm not sure about iSight with Windows. You can use any webcam on Windows with Yahoo Messenger for Windows.

6. dj420118 thread starter macrumors regular

i tried using the new yahoo messenger beta with the isight camera. the camera pops up fine and i can see myself but the other computer i was communicating with DOES NOT have a webcam and the person i was talking to could not see me at all. I can see myself on my computer but the other person does not see anything BUT we can still chat. Any one else have this experience?

Thanks,

Danny

7. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

did u broadcast it? cos you need to broadcast and invite the person to view your webcam...

8. juliusrome78 macrumors newbie

can't sent with isight using amsn..please help!

Dear all! I would really appreciate some help here... I am using amsn but the isight says that i am behind a firewall or a router... although i have open the ports as it's been suggeted me... How ever i do receive cams but most of the times (not always...) pc users can not see me... Anyone know how to resolve the problem? Or if it is solvable...? Thanks a lot in advance! Cheers! J.